opening a UK bank account from oz

Guest christi

Guest christi

Hi

I know this has previously been discussed, but just wondering if anything new has happened on opening a UK bank account from OZ

I spoke to HSBC and they said I could open an account in Oz, and then they would open a UK one for me, but it would be $200, to open a UK one

Would love to hear how those returning home manage to open thier UK account

Thanks

Christi:biggrin:

Hi Christie,

This is something we looked into before we came over! Apparently it is more difficult to open a uk bank account from overseas now, compared to what it use to be, Hence we kept our uk hsbc one active! There are some companies though that will be able to help you! Workgateways is worth a look, but if you google it you will come up with a few others,

Hope this helps a little, all the best!

UK Banking FAQs - Open a UK Bank Account from Overseas including Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa, US and EU - 1st Contact, Visa First, CXC Global, Fastrack UK

Guest christi
Hi Christie,

This is something we looked into before we came over! Apparently it is more difficult to open a uk bank account from overseas now, compared to what it use to be, Hence we kept our uk hsbc one active! There are some companies though that will be able to help you! Workgateways is worth a look, but if you google it you will come up with a few others,

Hope this helps a little, all the best!

UK Banking FAQs - Open a UK Bank Account from Overseas including Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa, US and EU - 1st Contact, Visa First, CXC Global, Fastrack UK

Hi Dawny

wish we had kept ours open now, still we did not expect to go back,,,,but thanks for the links, I will check them out

All the best:biggrin:

Heh heh, how smart I was..... I never closed mine, I was hoping to open an australian account from the UK before I got here... then the exchange rate crashed so I didnt bother (BTW even then it was $2 to a pound - that would be luxury now!) The rate has never picked up, instead it's just got worse and worse so all my stash is still back home!........ Pretty sure I'll be closing my account here on my way out though!

Archived