Child visas delay, anyone know how this works?

veryhopeful

Hi All

Wondered if anyone else has had this happen or how does it work?

I applied for 2 x child visas on 21/5/10. I have received an email saying that I have submitted all the paperwork and the visas will be issued on 21/9/10

In my original application I said I wanted to travel in August and despite speaking on the phone to the agent handling my application, this was not mentioned as an issue - I asked the direct question "do you see any problem with me travelling on 14.8.10" and was advised "no I do not see any problem with that"

So.... I was a bit surprised to find that I have been told I can have the visas for my girls but that they will not be issued until 21.9.10. I am desparate to go and have emailed the agent to this effect (Australia House in London) but have been told that only in exceptional circumstances will the visas be granted earlier than 4 months

I accept that I am probably silly and naive but does anyone know why this is? Is there anything I can do or do I just have to wait? Will they be issued exactly on 21.9 or might they be a day late or a week early or something else?

Any ideas or knowledge greatly welcomed thank you

Archived