New GSM Application Timelines

Guest TheStig

Hi User Name

The States can choose any of the occupations in the new Schedule 4 and include those occupations in the State's new SMP. The States are NOT confined to including the occupations in Sch 3 only in their new SMPs.

However, DIAC have to approve the lists of occupations in the new SMPs. The rumour is that if, for example, SA insists that they need Botanists, DIAC will ask SA to prove why they need Botanists and to prove how many Botanists they need to attract during the next couple of years. Botanist is in the new Schedule 4 but it is not also in Schedule 3. I suspect that DIAC will be more difficult about approving inclusion of occupations in Sch 4 only than they will be about approving the occupations that are within Sch 3 and Sch 4.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill

So by this do u imply tht the off-list nominations are the ones which are not there on both sch3&4 ?

Trying to say that we (schedule 1) especially those ICT Recent Grads won't have a chance when SMP comes out.

I suspect the same...for sure ICT-NEC (recent graduate) will not be on the list ...which means many ICT graduates without ICT work experience will be held in CAT4...

My sane brain really cannot get this as to was it our fault that ACS gave us ICT -NECrecent graduate)?

What FAIRNESS is this? I think we are the only ones left with no proper transitional arrangements!!

:arghh:

CAT (4), 885 applied 2008 AUG, ICT - Recent graduate NEC, IELTS 8.0, NAATI qualified, Currently employed as a ICT Project Officer

Guest Gollywobbler
Wake me up when these clowns have sorted out their country. They couldn't organise a P**s up in a brewery. They change their minds more than they change their underwear.

F*****G PEOPLE UP, OUR BUSINESS ( DIAC's new Logo )

Hi John

Do you credit them with having enough brains & ability that they would be able, the whole lot of them put together, to read a map in order to find the brewery in the first place? :shocked:

Personally, I reckon that between them they've lost both the plot and the map but they wouldn't have the brains to be able to understand either one of them in any case. :goofy:

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
Wake me up when these clowns have sorted out their country. They couldn't organise a P**s up in a brewery. They change their minds more than they change their underwear.

Hi John

Do you credit them with having enough brains & ability that they would be able, the whole lot of them put together, to read a map in order to find the brewery in the first place? :shocked:

Personally, I reckon that between them they've lost both the plot and the map but they wouldn't have the brains to be able to understand either one of them in any case. :goofy:

Cheers

Gill

Guest VickyMel
Am I being daft or will Cat 4 never be processed? I mean, Cat 1-3 are never going to stop coming in and I can't picture people in DIAC offices suddenly saying, 'oh, we've got nothing to do, let's dust off some Cat 4s'.

I haven't been waiting anywhere near as long as some people, but it's really starting to do my head in now. I know there's no guarantee of a visa when you start the process, but now I've broken up from work (and have actually got time to think about it for once), I'm becoming more and more p***ed off at the unscrupulous way that people's money is being sat upon!

I think that rather than saying we have worked our way through the Cat 3's lets look at Cat 4s they would rather extend the SOL list and get those they want in... I don't think Cat 4 will move unless DIAC say we will process anyone in Cat 4 once they have been waiting x number of years.

Ideally if they have problems with the numbers of applicants they should maybe set up something like NZs system where they only allow a certain number of applications each month (with a smaller initial fee) in order that anyone who applies gets looked at and an answer quickly. Then if they get the OK they pay the rest of the fee and get the skills tests etc afterwards rather than forking out all the money beforehand only to be told we will get back to you if and when we feel like it but don't hold your breath.

VickyMel

Guest VickyMel
Just released on DIAC's website;

Processing priority groups

Client Service Charter

Cat 4 = timeline infinity

Yup, when they switched from 3 years to 'a long time' it looked like things were %@$!!!

I didn't think it could get worse - but I was wrong "Assessment of cases will commence once all cases in priority groups 1–3 are finalised."

To me means NEVER - or at best only if then next set of changes moves you some other priority.

Looks like Cat 4 are pretty well stuffed. I just hope from a personal point that if you have SS you might get some sort of lifeline. Or wait and see what happens when the SMP's come out. I bet Canada is starting to look appealling for a few people on here.

Keep your chins up,

John

John - I love your positive stance in times like these - you always make me smile and feel things still may happen :cute:

I'm still being stupid and not applying to NZ because we would rather be in Oz... and with a 9 month wait we just don't want to waste more money if we do by chance get on the SMP. But looking at things who knows when we will see that SMP that we are forever waiting for!

I imagine when I am not on the SMP I may then wait pathetically a while longer if they hint again that the points list may change - although with not being able to change visas we may dip out again as we will be too old to reapply soon.

thanks a mil...all this is doing my head in never mind taking over our lives!!!! constantly live on laptop checking all the time!!!! As you say...kids need us back down to earth!!!

Anybody know if they have started to process the Cat 3's???

Thanks a mil

S

x

Hi Sue

Yep some people in Cat 3 are starting to see movement - it is actually really great to see some who have been waiting since 2008 moving at last. The new SOL has captured some of the Cat 6 & 7 from previously :biggrin:

They certainly have me in a variety of ways!

VickyMel

Guest dream
Hi User Name

The States can choose any of the occupations in the new Schedule 4 and include those occupations in the State's new SMP. The States are NOT confined to including the occupations in Sch 3 only in their new SMPs.

However, DIAC have to approve the lists of occupations in the new SMPs. The rumour is that if, for example, SA insists that they need Botanists, DIAC will ask SA to prove why they need Botanists and to prove how many Botanists they need to attract during the next couple of years. Botanist is in the new Schedule 4 but it is not also in Schedule 3. I suspect that DIAC will be more difficult about approving inclusion of occupations in Sch 4 only than they will be about approving the occupations that are within Sch 3 and Sch 4.

Cheers

Gill

Dear Gill,

If the PCC, Medical Certificate, IELTS terms expires and your application is in the pipeline, will the CO contact us for resubmission suppose the visa approval has to take place. Since my medicals are already finalised, what if I am to be approved beyond the stipulated time frame of medicals?(in future after the meds have expired? ,may be!!)

Thanks

Guest VickyMel
Dear Gill,

If the PCC, Medical Certificate, IELTS terms expires and your application is in the pipeline, will the CO contact us for resubmission suppose the visa approval has to take place. Since my medicals are already finalised, what if I am to be approved beyond the stipulated time frame of medicals?(in future after the meds have expired? ,may be!!)

Thanks

I don't think your IELTS expires once it is lodged with DIAC.

Your Meds and PCCs do - although when DIAC did the dirty with the SS last time - including stopping processing people that they had actually already asked to go and get PCCs and Meds. When they eventually started processing again they did allow some people whos Meds & PCCs had recently expired an extra 6 months - but I would not count on it.

I imagine it mainly happened because people were so livid and they did not want to get taken to court.

If DIAC haven't asked you to get them and they run out I imagine they will just say tough luck matey.

VickyMel

Guest man2010
Dear Gill,

Thanks

I think your IELTS does expire too. I know a couple who lodged their application but their IELTS expired by the time it was being processed. They were asked to submit up to date IELTS,its a bummer really.

I think your IELTS does expire too. I know a couple who lodged their application but their IELTS expired by the time it was being processed. They were asked to submit up to date IELTS,its a bummer really.

Hi,

IELTS and skills assessments are criteria of at the time of application NOT at the time of decision. Providing they are valid at the time you lodge your application, they do not expire for the purpose of the given application.

PCC and meds must be valid at the time of decision. In addition, onshore GSM aplicants must have applied for PCC and obtained a booking reference number from HSA/MHS before lodging an application.

An RMA should confirm these above.

Alex

I think that rather than saying we have worked our way through the Cat 3's lets look at Cat 4s they would rather extend the SOL list and get those they want in... I don't think Cat 4 will move unless DIAC say we will process anyone in Cat 4 once they have been waiting x number of years.

Ideally if they have problems with the numbers of applicants they should maybe set up something like NZs system where they only allow a certain number of applications each month (with a smaller initial fee) in order that anyone who applies gets looked at and an answer quickly. Then if they get the OK they pay the rest of the fee and get the skills tests etc afterwards rather than forking out all the money beforehand only to be told we will get back to you if and when we feel like it but don't hold your breath.

VickyMel

I spoke to ASPC today, the lady said that there wil be a very very very long wait for CAT4, she said it's wise to go for the SMP's.

When I asked her what the transitional arrangements for ICT-NEC(recent graduates) are (pre July 2010) she said we need to talk to ACS (Australian Computer Society)

Now the intresting thing is when we contact ACS they tell us that they have given the code ICT-NEC(recent graduate) based on DIAC's instructions and that we should talk to them.

I'm keen to get this mess sorted but seems lost down the track, because both DIAC and ACS keeps passing the buck amongst themselves.

So who should I contact? I don't know!

Now most these pre July 2010 ICT-NEC(recent graduates) are employed in the ICT inducstry, but surely the SMP will not have a code for us.

CPA(Australia) has made the transitional arrangement by letting pre July 2010 applicants who nominated 'Accountant' to be placed in CAT3, but ACS is not willing to do same for us.

CAT (4), 885 applied 2008 AUG, ICT - Recent graduate NEC, IELTS 8.0, NAATI qualified, Currently employed as a ICT Project Officer

Archived