New Cat 3 - Discussion

Welshtone

Guest rebeccae

Thanks for the prompt reply Tony.

so do medicals last for two years?

What did you think regarding the occupation part. Does he still need to be a bricklayer prior to C/O being assigned or is the one year rule only before application.

It says on application status enquirey page that everything has been recieved including work experience.

Thanks rebecca

I am pregnant at present and was told as long as your over 12 weeks you can have the x ray using the lead apron. You can also request you have them done at a later date when baby is born as your baby will need to be added to your visa and have a medical too if your visa hasnt been granted or validated I think!

Thanks, I thought it was not at all when you were pregnant, good to know but may as well wait til baby is born and then we can all get them done together, saves 2 trips to england and all the associated costs. I don't see us getting our visa before january so we should be able to add the new baby to our visa app when he/she is born.

Thanks

Claire

Hi Claire, re the x rays when i was pregnant last year and thought we were about to get a case officer (pre sept 23rd!) I did some research and rang panel doctor and it is fine to have x ray when pregnant, they would cover your whole abdominal area with a lead apron thing, risk is minimal, i was going to have them done but Sept 23rd happened, baby was born October and we had them done this year.

Lorraine

x

Thanks Lorraine, that is 2 people who have said the same but I actually forgot that we would need to include the baby so would need to go again for another trip. We are going to wait til the baby is born and then just go over in one go.

Ta

Claire

If Visas can be processed well before 7 month mark of Pregnancy, and you want to have baby in Australia, Medicals can be approved subject to Health undertaking and the Chest X-ray can be done after arrival in Australia. Baby would be Oz citizen on birth if your application is for a permanent visa.

Regards

Tony

If Visas can be processed well before 7 month mark of Pregnancy, and you want to have baby in Australia, Medicals can be approved subject to Health undertaking and the Chest X-ray can be done after arrival in Australia. Baby would be Oz citizen on birth if your application is for a permanent visa.

Regards

Tony

Thanks Tony, that gives us just under 4 months to get our visas and move to Australia.!! Cutting it a bit fine i think. I wouldn't want to turn up in Oz and give birth a day or two later with no home to live in, that would be a nightmare:arghh:

No, would be happy if they issued our visa april / may 2011, a year after we lodged. that would be a bit more sensible for us i think.

Thanks for the advice tho

Claire

Archived