Washing Machine !!!!!!!!!!!!

The Butlers

Guest bindog1uk
Washing machine has died do we get one here or wait until we are in Oz ????

Thanks in advance for your time

Emma and Gang

Hi Emma, just remember if you buy over here, if you need to get them out under warrenty, they won't travel to Oz to repair it. I took out an extended warrenty on mine which runs out next year, if we get to go before it runs out we will take it with us, but as soon as it goes wrong we will chuck it and buy over there. So I suppose it depends on if you like the laundrette in the mean time:laugh: Lesley

Guest markone

Hi Emma,

We just bought a samsung 7kg front loader in sydney Cost $600

In Currys they are £370 so You dont save much and yes the warrnty would be a problem.

cheers.,

Mark

Depends if you are into "fancy" colours. Due to most homes having a laundry room the choice here is pretty much white or white. We managed to get a machine with a silver door surround but with hindsight would have taken the grey one that matching our condenser dryer. Selling agent wrongly included it in the schedule as being sold with the house and we couldn't be bothered arguing over it with our buyers as they paid over our asking price anyway.

Warranty is one thing. Parts is another. When we got our new machine delivered the guy laughed at our "Pommy crap" dryer (Hotpoint) and said if it broke down we'd be cheaper flying back to the UK and pick up the parts ourself!

Archived