Butterflies in my tummy AGAIN

Smirfyduo

As some people know, I had a good job offer and hubbie and I transferred to Melbourne from the UK last year in February. We are originally from Zimbabwe, and moved to the UK in 2003, so this was attempt 2 at immigrating.

So anyway, that’s history – now to the current dilemma!! Today I had a meeting with my bosses. Basically, long story short – huge job opportunity up north. (Mackay) Like BIG steps up the career ladder. No, it will not work remotely, so will mean moving again. Options are: permanent (if we want the move to be permanent) or, if after a few years we fancy a change, I can have another job rotation – probably back to Melbourne or to Brisbane.

So now the dilemma. We moved less than 18 months ago. Just settling down in Melbourne – indoor soccer once a week, Zumba once a week – met a couple who we get on really well with and spend time with on weekends (dinner / movies – similar interests) It would mean going back to square one and meeting new people again. On that note – it is not like we have a HUGE circle of friends here – literally a handful.

Dilemma part 2 – hubbies job – he has not found anything permanent in Melbourne, and has had quite a few interviews etc with no luck. He has however, got a casual job which obviously is not ideal, but it pays the bills. Upside – my HR team have offered to help him try and find something in Mackay.

Dilemma part 3 – I am thirty – TICK TOCK – it’s getting louder. Putting off starting a family – how late is too late??

Any advice / comments / snide remarks??? Please?? Can anyone tell me anything about Mackay?? Good or bad?? Google is useful, but first hand knowledge is always better!!

Thanks!!:confused::confused:

Jules

Sounds like an opportunity not to be missed so why miss it? Your bio clock still has a bit of a way to go before you need to start desperately panicking I would have thought but if you have been working for this company for a while they will probably have reasonable maternity provisions should you need to take leave.

Hope you like the heat!

Archived