"Bile Spewing Bitter Poms"

Guest Guest37175

Guest proud2beaussie

Speaking as someone who loves Australia but who recognises that not everyone agrees with me can I say that I have no problem with posts that are negative about Australia but I do have a problem when

the people who create them don't make it clear that they are speaking from their experiences and make

blanket statements and class them as facts when the reality is totally different.

I don't care if someone posts "In my opinion Australia has no culture" because I can then debate the question with them,if they post "Fact:You will struggle to make friends" then I would take issue with that because whilst that may well be true for some people it is not necessarily true for everyone therefore posting it as a "fact" is misleading .

Very few people would say that Australia is a utopia,certainly not me,I love it,I don't want to live anywhere else,but it has problems that need to be addressed and it's not everyones cup of tea,I have no problem with people who come here,don't like it and say so,if they are not happy then they should return to where they are happy,all I ask is that when people post the reasons for them not being happy that they not confuse the issues,with some people,(definetly NOT the majority) I do sometimes get a sense of "I don't like Australia and I'm going to do my best to ensure that others don't either" and those are the people I would class as "bile spewing",but the majority are just average people posting valid opinions about their experiences,and I have no problem with those types of threads or posts.

I hope everyone is able to soon be living where they are happiest.

Cheers

Nigel

You got me Pabs!. Just stirring the pot!

yeah we can see lol

As someone who likes living in Aus and who has met nice and not so nice people here (not all of them aussies) .... I don't mind posts that give personal opinions on their experiences wherever they live. I don't hold with sweeping generalisations regarding UK and Aus ... my experience of both places is that there are good and bad (and I would guess the same can be said for the world over). What I don't like on PIO is posts that are created deliberatley to cause unrest and discord rather than debate.

Guest guest36187

Ok, yet another thread closed. Funny but as mods we are not surprised anymore!!

This thread was given the benefit of the doubt but it is so obviously written about a particular member that it now has to be closed.

Archived