• Created
  • Last Reply
ok things that i hate about Oz is the bad:

food

healthcare

police

transport

beer

bogans every where (the difference between a hi class aussie and a low class aussie, is the a hi class aussie has money!)

50 years behind the rest of the world

the amount of ads on TV

You'd recommend it then...:laugh: Are you staying...?

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Anyone that gets up Jim's nose is alright with me :wubclub::biglaugh:

Do I.....hadn't noticed... thought I was just one in a sea of many

There was only three of you in a puddle of mud. I have just been looking in a MBTTUK thread looking for Lifeinmono, he doesn't appear to be posting anymore on here, he used to make me laugh he did, does anyone know where he is? Anyway there was a real angry guy arguing all the time with loads of folk Again, i don't think i will ever be his friend because i didn't realise that he just argues with dozens and dozens of nice folk on PIO constantly, it reminded me of that saying - he'd fall out with someone in an empty room.

But you getting up my nose i think Geoffs taking the piddle out of you complaining alot about about my mickey taking posts and he knows its me that gets up your nose or have you forgotten, you know you have never got near me, no one has even old Earlsy busted a gasket and reported me for taking the piddle out of him. I am going to try from now on, to not upset a certain couple of people, it won't be easy but i will give it a go. Not bad 2 out of 33,000.

I have written you a sort of - let there be peace post - so hopefully we can be sort of friends from now on.:wink:

what u not think that after 1o years being here that i would know what i am talking about. also i was a chef.

Maybe I am to good for Australia!

I doubt it. Qantas will take you back to UK...And their air safety record is far, far better than any english airline.:yes:

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest chris955

Qantas has an 84% above average passenger accident rate, British Airways has a 201% above average rate :wink: I also very much doubt Qantas's safety record is way way better than Virgin Atlantic for example.

Qantas has an 84% above average passenger accident rate, British Airways has a 201% above average rate :wink: I also very much doubt Qantas's safety record is way way better than Virgin Atlantic for example.

Please can you not talk about passenger accident rates....less than 6 weeks to go....show me the plane:cool:

Guest chris955

:laugh: Sorry Connie, the whole point is though that you are 100's of times more likely to be even slightly injured in your car or in the kitchen than in a plane.

Guest guest36762
:laugh: Sorry Connie, the whole point is though that you are 100's of times more likely to be even slightly injured in your car or in the kitchen than in a plane.

what about in the kitchen of the plane where they handle all the boiling water?

Guest chris955

I think you will find that H&S rules now dictate that boiling water must in fact be slightly above tepid.

what about in the kitchen of the plane where they handle all the boiling water?

Guest chris955

Never smoke and cook at the same time, women can't multi task, no hang on that's men.

I'm always burning myself in the kitchen....

Guest guest36762

this thread has drifted so far off its course, I might have to set off a flare to attract the attention of the mo... I mean emergency services

Neither of them are as good as Singapore Airlines so it's fairly irrelevant. :biggrin:

Bollo**s:tongue:

Extract from Wickipedia.

Singapore Airlines Flight 006 was a scheduled flight from Singapore Changi Airport to Los Angeles International Airport via Chiang Kai-Shek Airport (now Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport) in Taiwan. On 31 October 2000, at 15:17 UTC, 23:17 Taipei local time, a Boeing 747-412[1] on the route attempted to take off from the wrong runway in Taipei during a typhoon, destroying the aircraft and killing 83 of the 179 occupants.

SQ006 was the first fatal crash of a Singapore Airlines aircraft; prior to the SQ006 crash, the sole fatal incident involving SIA was the crash of SilkAir Flight 185, operated by subsidiary SilkAir.[2]

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest sunseekers

Hi all - been in Oz 16 months

Well i find myself in a place of eating my words, after continually spouting how wonderful Australia is..... I am literally sat writing good and bad lists for Oz and the Uk .. Im thinking of coming home...

This is absolutely bananas on the face of it because Caloundra is absolutely beautiful, clean, safe, friendly, upbeat etc etc. I have lots of friends ( ALL AUSSIES ) but cannot shake being BORED BORED BORED !!

You might think how can you be bored with so many fab places to go but I cant help it i just am !!! I miss a life with a bit of grit, culture, character, decent telly and for god sake a night life !!

I look around and cant believe i want to go home ( grotty Blackpool ) but i do !! Its been a feeling iv been pushing away for months but i think its kinda overflowing into reality now..... I Dont know what to do because its obviously so much better here for my kids but im starting to get depressed living a none life!!

Thought id share my pro's and con's list with you....Please be aware these are just my humble opinions and by no means facts:

Australia Pro's

Weather

Health service ( dr's appointments the same day )

Lovely schools / Nursery's

Beautiful places to visit....Parks, beaches, mountains etc etc

Much nicer friendlier people ( IN MY OPINION )

Safer

Australia Cons

Rubbish night life

weird groundhog day feeling

BORING

Dark by 7pm latest year round

Need qualifications and licenses to go for a Poo !!

Cost Of food

Insects

Poorly insulated housing ....gets bloody cold !! plus i miss carpets and being cosy

Expensive housing

Crap Tv - Even Foxtel

Lack of culture / character

Just my thoughts x x

"but cannot shake being BORED BORED BORED !!"

And I thought intelligent people never got bored...

But, just to help you...From Chuck Gallozzi

http://www.personal-development.com/chuck/

Just in case you have occasional bouts of boredom, here is a list of additional things you can do.

• If you’re bored, do something useful. Such as, creating a list of things to do when you’re bored. Keep adding to the list; keep it handy, and refer to it whenever you’re bored.
  • When you were a child, mommy placed you in a room full of toys. But now, you are an adult, so stop wanting to have everything done for you. Accept responsibility for your own happiness.
  • Awaken the curiosity of your childhood. There are whole new worlds to discover.
  • Boredom is not caused by a lack of things to do as much as an unwillingness to do anything. So, develop your will by taking action. It’s okay to feel lazy and bored, but choose an activity and do it anyway.
  • Boredom is also a cry for change. But not superficial or meaningless changes, such as switching from one bar to another. Rather, it calls for substantial change, such as replacing your nightlife with night school.
  • Refresh your body by taking a walk or exercising. Boredom can simply be a sign that your body needs reinvigorating.
  • Visit the park, for besides pond scum, you’ll find gentle breezes, melodious birds, chirping insects, the scent of moist trees, the fragrance of blossoms, glittering streams, scurrying squirrels, the sound of children at play, park benches, hot dogs, elderly people leisurely taking a walk, and much more.
  • Set goals. They give you something to plan, tasks to do, and the pleasure of looking forward to achieving them. Those who lead goal oriented lives are never bored and experience exhilaration with each accomplishment.
  • If you’re retired, get a part-time job or become a volunteer. Don’t sit around the house if you can be out, contributing to life.
  • Find out what you like to do, and do it!
  • Explore the arts. Study poetry, water color painting, how to play the piano. Join a choir.
  • Get a pet; visit the library; attend an outdoor concert, carnival, or festival.
  • Study pottery, line dancing, or public speaking.
  • Learn how to play chess, bridge, or Mah-Jongg.
  • Maintain an active life. If it’s rest you’re looking for, you’ll find boredom. If it’s activity you’re looking for, you’ll find rest.
  • Take a cooking or computer course.
  • Read books about the universe, wild life, nature, or photography.

Cheers, Bobj.

Archived