victor harbour and surrounds

Guest maggieandrich

Guest maggieandrich

When we went for our reccie in may, we stayed outside adeliade, and had a day out to victor harbour, i thought it was lovely and could see us living there. Anyone on here live in the area?

we have teenage daughters, would they like it?

Guest Guest9973

It's a lovely area down there.

It depends if you can pick up work around there though.

It used to be nicknamed "God's Waiting Room" as a lot of oldies used to retire down there:biglaugh:

It is a little quiet so your daughter mind find it a little boring. It is growing though.

My only other concern would be that it is a fair way from the CBD if you need to go there regularly.

If any of the above is not a problem - go for it!!!:biggrin:

Other things to be aware of are that it can be mighty cold and bleak there in the winter, and it's where all the "schoolies" go for Schoolies Week in the summer, so could get a bit rowdy in places - but it's only for a week!

Guest kimmie

Lived in many areas of South Australia for almost 4 yrs, Victor probably a little too remote particularly as you say you have teenage children? If you like rural and want to be within relatively easy reach of the city, try Mount Barker, very pretty in the winter and not too far out in the boondocks as they say! 20 mins on the freeway, traffic can back up a bit once off and headed into city, if thats where you plan on working, but nice and friendly town.

• 4 months later...

hi we are planning on down around there also as saras sis is living in the hills. sara is a nurse and im a bit of an all rounder if u like but my only worry is we could be a bit out from the work as such.hope to stay fairly close to her sis to help in the setteling so fingers crossed.we are just about to lodge visas so fingers crossed

Archived