new builds

legoman

How did those of you who had homes built find the procedure, I have e-mailed a few land and home package companies from here and as expected i had 0 replies.

basically i will have around 350k aud and would think a decent deposit for a new build could be put down, not spending all my money in one go, and renting at first til work found etc

Guest Count Zero
How did those of you who had homes built find the procedure, I have e-mailed a few land and home package companies from here and as expected i had 0 replies.

basically i will have around 350k aud and would think a decent deposit for a new build could be put down, not spending all my money in one go, and renting at first til work found etc

We found that the package deals were not the best and you can do much better finding the land yourself then finding a builder. We also had a horrendous time with a company called Glenwood homes.

some do seem to good to be true, so you say to search 'real estate.com for land then find a builder for a house, do you get choice of design etc, seems silly questions but build own appears best option money wise

:cool:

We found that the package deals were not the best and you can do much better finding the land yourself then finding a builder. We also had a horrendous time with a company called Glenwood homes.

need to read that contract and add what you want or walk away..... Need to keep ontop of the buggers or they'll walk all over you

some do seem to good to be true, so you say to search 'real estate.com for land then find a builder for a house, do you get choice of design etc, seems silly questions but build own appears best option money wise

:cool:

it all depends on the size of your land, make sure the block is not to narrow because a lot of builders houses don't suit narrow blocks :idea:

There's a lot of add ons with new builds that they don't tell you. The base specs are nothing like show homes, we found we'd have to add $50k to a base price to get the spec we wanted. Also, there are never enough plugs, switches etc. taps are poor etc. So, once you pick the ones you want, the price goes up. There are some decent offers about though.

It's worthwhile looking at display homes for sale on the estates, when people have walked through, the estate is built on etc, the display homes go up for sale, you can get some bargains. Google it

Archived