Anyone been asked for a family tree diagram?

Shaz36

Hi,

This is something I've never heard anyone discuss before, but has anyone been asked for a family tree diagram, from their case officer?

My sister has a case officer now, and on checking her online status, which I showed her how to do on Friday, it shows that a family tree diagram has been requested. Her agent must not have received a letter about it yet, as she only saw it herself online yesterday....so, has anyone had to do one, and what does it entail? I'm sure her agent will let her know in due course, but wondering what others have done for it? Hand drawn diagram? How much detail?

Is it because she has applied for a family sponsored visa?

Shaz

we were asked for a family tree diagram for our family sponsored 176. We made it a simple block diagram showing the relationship between our sponsor and my oh (siblings) and showing their parents. We also showed our kids on it too. It is showing as met now on our online application so it must have been ok so not too much detail is required. good luck

yes we did , as my auntie sponsored us to make up points , we had to provide a sketch of family tree and the birth and marriage certificates ( photo copies etc ) my grandparents , parents , our own ( well mine ) , funny because its now set me off wanting to go further back and do more !

yes we did , as my auntie sponsored us to make up points , we had to provide a sketch of family tree and the birth and marriage certificates ( photo copies etc ) my grandparents , parents , our own ( well mine ) , funny because its now set me off wanting to go further back and do more !

What! Birth certificates and marriage certificates of parents AND grandparents! Did they ask for that separately? I'm hoping my sister is not expected to provide that, as there's no way we can get that.

we were asked for a family tree diagram for our family sponsored 176. We made it a simple block diagram showing the relationship between our sponsor and my oh (siblings) and showing their parents. We also showed our kids on it too. It is showing as met now on our online application so it must have been ok so not too much detail is required. good luck

Hi K9pjuice,

I will tell my sister to do that as a start then. Once the agent contacts her, if she has to add to it, she can. The sponsor is my other sister, but her application has her OH as main applicant, therefore she is his sister in law. Hopefully it will be just as simple as yours.

Thanks so much. Hope you get your visa soon!

Shaz

hi yes we got them from a place in liverpool its really easy just needed names and dates of births and deaths if applicable , our agents asked for them , so not sure if all do.

cannot remember who it was but google it basically i think its where they are all stored hatch , match and dispatch so to speak , all the best my oh was the main applicant too, though it was my family that sponsored us .

Hi shaz i was the main applicant on our visa application using my wifes brother as sponsor. They had to upload birth certificates as well but we didn't include dates of birth on the family tree diagram and it was ok. If your unsure what's required pm me and i can send you what we sent to DIAC yours seems pretty much a similar case to ours.

Guest gmac

Hi Shaz,

This is a formality and is part of the protocol for a family sponsorship.

I had to submit one to show my relationship with my sponsor ( brother ) and I included on this diagram dates of birth, and I uploaded this together with a certified copies of my brother's birth certificate, Australian passport and certificate of citizenship.

Cheers,

Gary

i think thats why we had to do one , ( the tree was simple to do )as it was my oh's name forour application and my family that were sponsoring us , just to prove they are relations i suppose .

we had to send my aunts birth certs and citizenship papers as well.

Archived