Bargain Flights to OZ?

swifty99

just wanted to know if anyone has managed to get bargain flights to Oz recently my husband daughter and i want to go over within the next year for a reccie and could do with saving money on the flights, so just wanted to know of any bargains had and were?????

just wanted to know if anyone has managed to get bargain flights to Oz recently my husband daughter and i want to go over within the next year for a reccie and could do with saving money on the flights, so just wanted to know of any bargains had and were?????

I would imagine now that July and August are expensive due to the kids holidays in the UK for 6 weeks. I would say that you are looking at September and then next February as the nearer it gets to December the more expensive it gets to Oz due to this being 'the place to be' at Xmas. I know when we were looking for flights last year, it was more expensive from October to December for flights, rentals etc. for that reason. Prices started to come down in February which is when we booked. :yes:

Hi,

I managed to get a good deal for March this year as Singapore Airline had a sale around June last year, and I got booked up early. March is a cheaper time to go. If I were you, I'd register with some of the airlines to get info on their sales so you can get in there early. I heard about the sale through Money Saving Expert.com, so sign up with them too. I booked the day I got the email about the sale, and got flights for 2 adults and 2 kids for £1500 all in, from Lon-Singapore-Brisbane.

Good luck,

Shaz

we have both signed up with a few airlines as heard before about sales though signing up think that was on money saving expert great site.

We haven't picked a time of year just want 2 adult and 1 child ticket for as close to £1500 as poss

If you are flexible on when you go, you may get something when sale time comes around. I had wanted April, around Easter but when I saw the prices for March, I just took that.

Kayak.com is good for comparing all airlines for a particular month.

Hi,

I managed to get a good deal for March this year as Singapore Airline had a sale around June last year, and I got booked up early. March is a cheaper time to go. If I were you, I'd register with some of the airlines to get info on their sales so you can get in there early. I heard about the sale through Money Saving Expert.com, so sign up with them too. I booked the day I got the email about the sale, and got flights for 2 adults and 2 kids for £1500 all in, from Lon-Singapore-Brisbane.

Good luck,

Shaz

Wow!!

The best i've seen lately is nearly £4000 for 2adults and 2kids?!!!! For return - Were yours return, I assume not!

Will sign up with some airlines.

Thanks

Hi,

Yes, they were return flights, went out for a reccie. I think I was just lucky in that the minute the sale was on, I got in there quick, and was not fussy when I went.

Not so sure we will get a good deal when we go out for good as we cant book too far in advance as need to see when the house sells. :(

Shaz

the nearer it gets to December the more expensive it gets to Oz due to this being 'the place to be' at Xmas.

Actually it's really nothing to do with that,the christmas/new year period is incredibly busy time to fly anywhere in the world,it's peak season for all airlines the world over so fares are going to be higher.

the best way to find cheap flights is to follow a few simple tips ( I used to work in travel in the UK and

my OH,Nigel (proud2beaussie) still does.

First off don't fall into the trap of spending hours on the internet searching for the best fares,whilst the net can be a good way to find initial quotes it's not the only way and travel agents get many discounted fares from ticket consolidators (wholesalers) that never make it to the internet.

So I suggest- get three internet quotes using sites like http://www.justtheflight.co.uk,www.expedia.co.uk,

Sunways | offering flights, holidays and business travel management, travel, business travel, travel management, discount flights, business flights, charter flights, holiday flights, bargain holidays, cruise holidays, villa holidays, apartment holida or any of the other search engine,then take those three quotes to a licensed travel agent and get them to beat the quotes,a good agent worth their salt will jump through hoops to do that because they want the business,you have an advantage of dealing with a human being who will be there for you in the event that your flight is changed or cancelled.

Also think about using a low cost carrier like http://www.airasiax.com,they have very cheap flights from Stansted via Kuala Lumpur to the Gold Coast,Melbourne and Perth.

And sign up to the airlines newsletters like Singapore Airlines

and Subscribe to Qantas Red e-Mail

Cheers

Jo

Archived