Croydon,Sutton, or nearby(Surrey) mums???

Guest brasilcon

Guest brasilcon

Hi all mums in Sutton, Croydon or nearby! Are you also applying to move down under?! Would you like to meet up or join the same play group etc... My daughter is 2yrs and my son is 3mths. I feel a bit lonely on the moment and would love to meet people with the same interests, ie. moving to OZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why not the live chat room in this forum?!

See you.... Val.

Whilst I am not recommending another site...'cos there just aren't any as good as this one...have you tried AdelaideBrits? Even if you aren't coming to Adelaide, I know there's a lady on that site with kids, who lives in the Sutton area.

Just a thought!*

LC

*I have so few nowadays...:sad:

Guest brasilcon

hi Helen,

nice to hear from you! I am still finding all the papers, cerificates, boss ref letters for the TRA. Last year my husband and I decided to move to OZ but we posteponed because of my pregnancy. Now my baby is 3 months and our goal is to move by next year. We are looking at Tasmania, Hobart for the lifestyle and best reputation Uni in OZ! Also affordable parent controlled christian schools. Where abouts are you moving to???

Congratulations on your visa! Are you going to work or stay at home mum? It really depends on nursery prices for me; in your case your kids go to school so you have time free to decide what to do, great!

xxx val.

Guest lynneand mark

Hi,

We live in Worcester Park but off to sunny Brisbane in August. The house is sold and we are in the process of packing up/selling stuff/clearing out etc. Maybe we could arrange a meet up in a park somewhere central to us all as Georgia 7 and Jack 4 would love to meet some other kids in the same situation - and I am always happy to chat about Oz! May have to wait until the weather is a bit brighter!!! But not too long as the time is slipping away fast!

Guest brasilcon

hi,would be nice to arrange a day for all of us to meet up for a day out in the park! Do you know of any nice place to meet up? Any one would like to suggest? maybe as we wait for the sun, we can get more local people in this thread!

val. xxx

hi Helen,

nice to hear from you! I am still finding all the papers, cerificates, boss ref letters for the TRA. Last year my husband and I decided to move to OZ but we posteponed because of my pregnancy. Now my baby is 3 months and our goal is to move by next year. We are looking at Tasmania, Hobart for the lifestyle and best reputation Uni in OZ! Also affordable parent controlled christian schools. Where abouts are you moving to???

Congratulations on your visa! Are you going to work or stay at home mum? It really depends on nursery prices for me; in your case your kids go to school so you have time free to decide what to do, great!

xxx val.

Hi Val,its a nightmare the amount of paperwork that u have to get together for the whole process but its worth it in the endWe r moving to the Gold Coast.Im aiming to be a stay at home mum for a while when we get there,i have been working mon-fri evenings and all day sat and sun here,so i could do with a break.Our house is under offer at the moment and the survey is being done on thursday so fingers crossed it will go smoothly.Im getting a bit nervous now theres so much to do ,hopefully it will all fall into place.keep in touch Helenx:wubclub:

• 2 months later...
Guest windsor

Hello there. Just seen this reply although I am a little late I guess.. We live in Worcester Park (hubby and 19 month son), although work in Sutton... When are you looking at moving to Tasmania?? My nan was from there and always said it was lovely.. We are going to look at Melbourne in November and if we like it are looking to go at next year..

Shani

Guest brasilcon
Hello there. Just seen this reply although I am a little late I guess.. We live in Worcester Park (hubby and 19 month son), although work in Sutton... When are you looking at moving to Tasmania?? My nan was from there and always said it was lovely.. We are going to look at Melbourne in November and if we like it are looking to go at next year..

Shani

hi shani,

I am a bit low these days as my skill assessor said that my hubby is unlikely to pass in the TRA assessment. It is not all lost, he would have to change job and work for about a year for my skill assessor to feel confident that he will pass. It means a lot for us, could mean a big move to any town in UK, literaly. We thought of Eastborne as there is an ex-boss who my husband is willing to ask a job to.

Let us know what you think of Melbourne!

Guest windsor

I am so sorry to hear of your troubles.. What does your hubby do??? Will certainly let you know what we think of Melbourne!!

Shani

Guest brasilcon

he is a chef, but he will be applying as a cook. OZ is so strict about chefs that's why they might not have any from their own country! We are checking the option of finding a job and see if he can skip the TRA. We have known chefs in uk who went on holidays to Melbourne and got a job very quickly. We need to put our heads in place before taking such an expensive step.

keep in touch.

x

Archived