Request for 2nd Payment for contributory Parent visa.

Guest Khadine

Guest Khadine

I haven't been on here for a while, but i just wanted to let you how my parents are going with their Visa application as i have asked quite a few questions on here and you have all been so helpful.

I am an only child and have I've lived here with my australian husband for over 7 years now and i went through an immigration agent in Perth to migrate. We have used the same agent as we were so thrilled with their commitment and communication for my parents migration. We submitted the Contributory Parent subclass 143 visa application in on the 10 November 2008. We did not hear anything back until May of this year (19 months) when i had to give the Assurance of support - $14000 to the commonwealth bank in a term deposit (6.25% interest which is pretty good!). I had to be earning at least $38,000 in the last financial year to be able to qualify as the assurer. The interest which accumulates in the term deposit will be put in an account i opened for my parents when they can over in 2008, they will receive $460 every 6 months in their account which is better than nothing! At the same time mum and dad also had to have their medicals done in the UK, got their police clearances done, and had to give an update of moneys and assets that they currently have. Bear in mind mum and dad are both 65 and both with various aliments and conditions but still passed the medicals with flying colours.

It has been 2 weeks since Sydney received the medicals and the Assurance of support confirmation, our agent called me this morning to arrange for the 2nd payment to be made which is a total amount of $65,450 ($32,725 each). I have just emailed my payment through and will expect an answer within the next week or so. My agent is now arranging with the Australian embassy in London to issue the visa within the next month or so, so very exciting news and i will keep you updated.

Khadine:biggrin::jiggy::yes:

Guest Khadine

But some good news to share - on the Wednesday 23rd mum and dad were made Australian residents!! We are so excited, they can now prepare for the move next year. They have till 28th May 2011 to get their passports stamped. Passports no longer have to have a sticker in them so when they come to Perth we might go and get the sticker put in, just for visual recognition.

Archived