Best removal company with storage

mrsb

Hi all,

In 5 weeks we fly to Brisbane for a month and when we get back we will be looking to ship our house contents probably sometime late september, all depending on when our house sells.

So, I've had some quotes from various companies and the prices really differ form £2K up to almost £5K, some offer storage and some don't and we will need one that offers storage at the other end.

What are peoples experiences of shipping companies and who should we avoid! We don't mind spending a fair bit as long as everything gets there in one piece!

Tanks!

:jiggy:

Guest Booksnhorses

We are just about to ship with Doree Bonner. We had lots of quotes back in Feb when we first put our house up for sale, then we asked for requotes last month after we exchanged.

Imagine our surprise when they all came back £1500 higher - the boat people have put up their charges. Anyway for a 40' container with 8 weeks storage the other side (Melbourne) and insurance etc, the whole deal - which is basically all our possessions except the wicker which we can't take - has come to about £7000. No other company (PSS, Anglo-P etc) beat this quote. Still works out cheaper than buying new stuff in our case as I have a great many books that I am insistent upon taking with me.:biggrin:

________________________________________________________________________________

Claire (38), Dave (38), Leonora (4), Moby cat

176 SS MODL/CSL applied Feb '09, granted 10 July '09, validated 21st July '09

Guest cat woman

we used John Mason they were excellent both in the UK and over in Oz, their sister company in OZ is Ridgeways... so there is no sub contracting involved as in the case of some removal firms.

Archived