Is A Nvq Recognised

oldgit

Hi Everyone

I Am A Joiner With A Level Two Nvq In Carpentry And Joinery (i Have Passed My Tra) And Hoping To Move To Nsw Or Queensland Can Anyone Tell Me What I Will Need When I Get There To Allow Me To Work Will My Nvq Do Or Will I Have To Re-train? It Seems To Me Getting Through The Tra Was A Major Task In Itself And Proves That I Am Qualified To Do My Trade.

Thank You All For The Help With My Last Question

cheers Simon.

Guest thepriceclan

I would think that if you pass the TRA which we all say is the hardest part, then you should be qualified to work there. I know from watching various tv programmes regarding emigration to Oz, people still seem to have problems getting jobs, or getting the same sort of pay as you might get here. I think it is a case of you won't know until you get there.

Sarah.

Hi Simon im not too sure if NVQ is reconized here in oz - i know that City & Guilds is as my hubby has these in carpentry & joinery, i will get hubby to ask a few of the young lads that he knows that have recently come to oz as carpenters and see what they say (as they may of come in on NVQ)

gizmo

Guest fatpom

Your problem is that prospective employers have no idea what an NVQ is. They won't go too far checking it out (probably) unless you stand out from the rest of the crowd. An old boss of mine asked me what an NVQ was & at that time I'd never heard of one so the bloke was ditched there & then.

On arrival you can get the qualification validated by the state gov (Ed dept probably) equating them to Australian standards (in your case probably Tafe Cert 2/3? or AQF 2/3?).

Archived