Getting a UK remortgage whilst in oz

paulhug

Guest gary12

Paul

We used the Coventry Building Society to change to a buy to let mortgage ( we were already with them) they made it really easy, even calling us back! I have to say though, we were not taking on a bigger loan than we had but were in the same position as you with equity in the house.

best of luck

Michelle

Paul

We used the Coventry Building Society to change to a buy to let mortgage ( we were already with them) they made it really easy, even calling us back! I have to say though, we were not taking on a bigger loan than we had but were in the same position as you with equity in the house.

best of luck

Michelle

Yeah, thanks but we want to get some equity out of it, changing to a buy-to-let with your current lender is something you have to do anyway in most cases, or ask their permission to let it. It amazes me that i can't find a lender that will let us release some equity.

Guest cat woman

we went through London and Country mortgage brokers who found us a buy to let remortgage with the Woolwich , it took a few months to get sorted due to having to post original docs to the UK but we finalised ours at the end of last year in order to have a deposit to buy in Oz.

I was trying recently to release a litlle equity on my mortgage back in the UK. ( I am in oz and renting it out back in glasgow). I was told it couldnt be done as there was a law from Australia saying that you cant take out overseas loans or release extra money from your mortgage.

Has anyone done this? I would be interested to know as need to do some housing repairs and would rather just add to my mortgage.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jamesuk

Did you manage to get your house remortgaged? If not send me a PM and I'll put you in contact with a friend that will be able to help.

James

I'd be interested in this too as I have property rented out in the UK. I was told by a UK mortgage broker that if you aren't a UK resident you can't re-mortgage. At the moment, we are with Northern Rock who are charging 5% over base rate for a buy to let mortgage following the GFC and we would like to find out if we could get a better deal.

• 3 months later...
Guest DebsnGaz
Did you manage to get your house remortgaged? If not send me a PM and I'll put you in contact with a friend that will be able to help.

James

Hi I wondered if you know someone who could help we are currently renting out our Uk Property and have equity in it, our mortgage provider Nationwide say we cant remortgage and release the equity because wages are not going into a Uk account. We are not tied with Nationwide as we have just come out of a fixed rate do you know of a building society that would offer this for us

Thank you in advance

Debs

Archived