contributory parent visa

vava

Has anyone got any advice for us, we are in our 50`s and about to embark on the visa application process to join our daughter, son in law and new grandchild near Brisbane. Any pointers in the right direction and do`s and dont`s will be gratefully received.

Guest Gollywobbler
Has anyone got any advice for us, we are in our 50`s and about to embark on the visa application process to join our daughter, son in law and new grandchild near Brisbane. Any pointers in the right direction and do`s and dont`s will be gratefully received.

Hi Vava

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

If you possibly can, move heaven and earth and get your visa application to the Parents Visa centre prior to 30th June 2010.

At the moment, the 2nd Instalment for CPVs is $34,330 per parent. That will increase to $37,965 on 1st July 2010. The increase is 10.58% - which is huge. It is an increase of $7,270 for a couple.

George Lombard has described it as 7,000 reasons to submit CPV applications before 30th June 2010. I agree with him completely.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
Thanks for the advice. We have found a reliable migration agent now so fingers crossed - she`ll get on with it pronto!

Hi Vava

Good news.

My advice is pester the migration agent every single day. The fees increase is real. It is not imaginary.

The amount of the 2nd Instalment is recommended by the Australian Government Actuary each year:

Publications — Australian Government Actuary

The AGA recommended an increase of 10.6% for 2010-2011.

The Legislative Instrument proposing the increases is here:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/78424-thread-agents-only-re-new-gsm-changes-9.html

Please see the last entry from SA-MOA.

The actual increase is 10.58% apparently so it is near enough what the Actuary recommended and has probably been reduced slightly solely in order to produce round and relatively simple figures.

The agent has to succeed and time is now short. Having a go is not good enough. She must succeed, so I recommend becoming the proverbial Nagamatic. You can always send her some flowers after she has succeeded.

Cheers

Gill

Guest FruitBat

Hi Vava!

We just posted off out CPV-143 yesterday morning! We only started it properly about 20 days ago and it was a real rush, but each part broke down into a do-able chunk and it all slotted into place. Gollywobbler?Gill was a complete star! We really wish you all the best in getting you app in before the deadline. Though by no means experts we are here if you run into any local difficulties or just want to swap experiences:)

FB

Hi Vava

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

If you possibly can, move heaven and earth and get your visa application to the Parents Visa centre prior to 30th June 2010.

At the moment, the 2nd Instalment for CPVs is $34,330 per parent. That will increase to $37,965 on 1st July 2010. The increase is 10.58% - which is huge. It is an increase of $7,270 for a couple.

George Lombard has described it as 7,000 reasons to submit CPV applications before 30th June 2010. I agree with him completely.

Cheers

Gill

In round figures I think it went from $31,000 last July so I guess they will keep hitting it with 10% increases each year until the applications drop. :swoon:

Hi Les

Yes she said it could take up to 2 years but thought it would be less. We arent in too much of a rush to live over there yet as we`d like to see the value of our house go up a little bit before we put it on the market. Off for a month long visit in December so will be able to get about and do more research.

Vava

Archived