Husband gone reality kicks in

mrsindecision

Hi there my husband has gone ahead of us to start his job. It all now feels real and very weird. Us here not really liking being here any more and him there with family but back at his Mum's and not really liking being there either.'

I guess this is the transition phase and having to do it separately makes it harder as we can't be there for each other to share it and support each other

Can anyone else tell me about their transition and how they handled it.

Guest MSTO

That must be hard. If our house had not sold so quickly we would have been in the same position and I was not looking forward to that at all.

How long are you here for until you all leave?

Sorry I have no advice on the transition I am hoping ours goes well...good luck hopefully you will all be together back home soon

That must be hard. If our house had not sold so quickly we would have been in the same position and I was not looking forward to that at all.

How long are you here for until you all leave?

Sorry I have no advice on the transition I am hoping ours goes well...good luck hopefully you will all be together back home soon

We're here for another four weeks although my eldest is staying for another 5 months while he finishes uni (in our house until it sells) . We had to balance this out with the younger one starting school in September, The middle one starting uni in Sept and OH starting work in June ( they have been waiting since feb). My older son had a little wobble yesterday about having to stay ( he is heading for med school so needs top grades which he is getting). He just wants to go home and go to the pub with his dad and talk medical stuff.

It will be very hard leaving him but I know I have to be strong for him and it is the right thing for him to do - he should end up with the equivalent of a UK First degree which we are hoping will see him on his way. And I know he wants to come home ( he says himself he's just a bloody pom). It's hard knowing my husband is on his own dealing with the worst bits of returning (sleeping in his old bedroom in his Mum's house etc...).

Sorry to ramble but I am off now - I went out with a friend today looking at display homes - and she was saying how pokey they were and basic etc... and I was thinking first time home owners in Uk would give their right arms for some of these houses.

Anyway just spent an hour going over old photos with my daughter and realise that wherever we are as a family it will be fine.

:smile:

Guest demant

hi, i'm recently moved back to London from Bendigo with my two children. Hubby is still over there, finishing up his contract with work. He's due to return in 3 weeks time. The last 3 weeks have been really hard for us; missing hubby and dad, living at my mums (a mad house!), trying to get work, etc. We moved to Oz last November and I just didn't settle and was missing home terribly and so moved back 3 weeks ago. Husband isn't really that keen to move back to London, but thankfully agreed. We talk on Skype almost every day - sometims this boosts me for the day and other times it makes me really sad. I know that he is also finding it difficult; missing us and tieing up all the loose ends - selling car, sorting the house, etc.

I think that with hind sight I would have waited for hubby to finish work and then come over - but then i wouldn't have been in a good position to secure work, being a teacher I needed to get over before the end of May really. The kids have also had some difficulty settling back here and are missinf dad terribly.

In 3 weeks time I'm hoping it will have all been worth the difficulty and heartache - hopefully I'll have work and a place for us to rent (that has also been a bloody nightmare as there are no 3 bed flats in our budget in the area we need to be in!).

hi, i'm recently moved back to London from Bendigo with my two children. Hubby is still over there, finishing up his contract with work. He's due to return in 3 weeks time. The last 3 weeks have been really hard for us; missing hubby and dad, living at my mums (a mad house!), trying to get work, etc. We moved to Oz last November and I just didn't settle and was missing home terribly and so moved back 3 weeks ago. Husband isn't really that keen to move back to London, but thankfully agreed. We talk on Skype almost every day - sometims this boosts me for the day and other times it makes me really sad. I know that he is also finding it difficult; missing us and tieing up all the loose ends - selling car, sorting the house, etc.

I think that with hind sight I would have waited for hubby to finish work and then come over - but then i wouldn't have been in a good position to secure work, being a teacher I needed to get over before the end of May really. The kids have also had some difficulty settling back here and are missinf dad terribly.

In 3 weeks time I'm hoping it will have all been worth the difficulty and heartache - hopefully I'll have work and a place for us to rent (that has also been a bloody nightmare as there are no 3 bed flats in our budget in the area we need to be in!).

Been there , done that .......not easy .

Try to look for the positives ....for me ......all the usual stuff .....greenery,pubs ,home,humour and EUROPE on the doorstep

Archived