When will Migration Applications be accepted again?

australia94

Like many of us here I am currently in limbo waiting for the info on the migration process to become clear.

I was looking at applying for a 175 gsm visa once I had completed my third year as a teacher. Was at the very early stages of gathering all the info needed in order to lodge an application as soon as I possibly could.

Very happy that secondary teacher is still on the new SOL and that I have not had my dreams dashed like many others.

I am in the process of applying to the AITSL for my skills assessment and I am hoping to book my IELTS for the summer holidays. I had even spoken to a cuple of schools in Perth who had agreed to allow me to come and spend a day with them on a reccie.

However I am holding off completing these at the moment as with all the new information coming out from the DIAC. I am unsure of whether to plow on and spend the money or hold on and wait.

Its probably the case that my brain is just fired as I am trying to write end of year reports for all my pupils, organise all my lesson plans for the next half term, whilst trying to make sense of the migration changes.

So my question to you all is, is it likely that migration application will be accepted again from July or are we all going to have to wait until 2011 to lodge an application? Just a little confused at the moment and wanted some clarification. Even if its we don't know.

Been working towards migrating to Australia for 10 years and wanted to migrate since I was 14 (now 31). It feels so frustrating to be working towards this for years and now after all the hardwork the goalposts are being moved.

Like many of us here I am currently in limbo waiting for the info on the migration process to become clear.

I was looking at applying for a 175 gsm visa once I had completed my third year as a teacher. Was at the very early stages of gathering all the info needed in order to lodge an application as soon as I possibly could.

Very happy that secondary teacher is still on the new SOL and that I have not had my dreams dashed like many others.

I am in the process of applying to the AITSL for my skills assessment and I am hoping to book my IELTS for the summer holidays. I had even spoken to a cuple of schools in Perth who had agreed to allow me to come and spend a day with them on a reccie.

However I am holding off completing these at the moment as with all the new information coming out from the DIAC. I am unsure of whether to plow on and spend the money or hold on and wait.

Its probably the case that my brain is just fired as I am trying to write end of year reports for all my pupils, organise all my lesson plans for the next half term, whilst trying to make sense of the migration changes.

So my question to you all is, is it likely that migration application will be accepted again from July or are we all going to have to wait until 2011 to lodge an application? Just a little confused at the moment and wanted some clarification. Even if its we don't know.

Been working towards migrating to Australia for 10 years and wanted to migrate since I was 14 (now 31). It feels so frustrating to be working towards this for years and now after all the hardwork the goalposts are being moved.

1st July, 2010 is the date DIAC have claimed to restart accepting the suspended GSM Visa sc 175, 176 and 475. Hopefully all is well and those who would like to submit their applications can go ahead and do so. Keep everything ready as you don't want to be late :biggrin:

Is it going to be best then to book the ielts tests. If things are not going to change that much in terms of the points tests.

It is best to keep everything ready and apply for your GSM closest to the 1st July. With DIAC changing rules, you can never tell about the point system. Get going with your IELTS and everything else. This forum offers very good information on the immigration process and if you need any assistance down the line, there are always someone who is willing to help in any way they can....

Good luck !

Archived