175 & 176 visa??

Confused! When I look at sites they all say to go for this visa you have to have an occupation on the sol?? Mine has been taken off but I thought we still have a chance if we're on new smp or a state needs my occupation there?

Guest Gollywobbler
Confused! When I look at sites they all say to go for this visa you have to have an occupation on the sol?? Mine has been taken off but I thought we still have a chance if we're on new smp or a state needs my occupation there?

Hi there

The DIAC website is hopelessly out of date at the moment. I has not kept pace with all of the many changes that the Minister has introduced to the GSM program ever since 17th December 2008.

I defy any newcomer to read about what was, in effect, an old system and then to work through at least a dozen changes since December 2008 in order to arrive at an accurate picture today. Even if someone could manage it, the only conclusion they could reach if that the information that DIAC have chosen to give about all the changes is not complete information.

Wait and see what actually happens with the SMPs in your own case, I suggest.

Cheers

Gill

Guest trigger

i know where you are coming from im going for a state sponsered 176 visa [carpenter] it does get confusing and to be honest im glad we have a agent. the way i view it is that as our application was made before a certain date we are in a situation that carpenters are at the moment a trade which is not in demand. Thats the way we view it anyway

Good luck

Guest Alexxxxx
i know where you are coming from im going for a state sponsered 176 visa [carpenter] it does get confusing and to be honest im glad we have a agent. the way i view it is that as our application was made before a certain date we are in a situation that carpenters are at the moment a trade which is not in demand. Thats the way we view it anyway

Good luck

So would you recommend getting an agent? I'm definitely thinking about it because it'll make it a lot more easier but I've heard some people say it can be a rip off and better to do it on your own. So it's almost like being back to square one to find an agent that won't rip you off...

Guest trigger

Im one of them blokes that think your better of sticking to the things your best at. Thats the reason we didnt go alone and to be honest we are both far to busy at work. As being ripped off i havnt got the figures in frount of me but as i recall i dont think it was to bad. and they where recommended to us.

regards

Archived