Pet shipping - Manchester airport ????

terry & Melanie

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a pet shipping company that fly out of Manchester airport?

All the companies I have had quotes from so far ship out of Heathrow, but we are in Liverpool and its costing alot more to get our cat, Felix down to London, plus its all added stress on the cat. He gets very stressed out very easily and I am really worried about him. I know he will hate the flight, and loathe the quarentine even more. I just hope we are doing the right thing!

For anyone who doesnt know the story......We found a new home and family for Felix and his sister Freya. ( We thought it was the best thing for both cats)

A few months ago they went to there new home well in advance (so we could see them settled) They went on the Saturday and by Wednesday Freya was settled, but Felix was fretting, not eating and had gone into hiding under a bed. I offered to go and get him, but they felt they could coax him round and to give him a few more days. By Friday night he had broken through a locked catflap and escaped!!!!:cry:

I walked for hours every day looking for him, we were distraught.

Just over 2 weeks later he was found by builders, right over the otherside of liverpool. He had lost 40% of his body weight, had blisters on his paws and had almost given up. Needless to say I just cant let him go again!

Any recommendations would be wonderful and for those that have already taken their cat...How did they cope with the whole process?

Melanie x

Hi Melanie

Animal airlines do, I just checked our quotes and they quoted us for Manchester airport.

Hope you get it all sorted!

You're off to Perth aren't you? We are in November.

Rose x

Thanks for that Rose. I will ring them tomorrow.

BTW its Brisbane we are off to, in August. Its getting scary now!:wideeyed:

Melanie x

Guest James W

We're going to Perth (eventually) and shipping our cats from Manc so thatnks for the tip.

Will be over this December for a Reccie & the Test Match :-)

Guest brooksey

20 months ago the only pre flight centre in England was in Heathrow. I don't know if it's changed.

Yes i shipped out my four cats in February this year and used an excellent company called Golden Arrow Shippers who are based in Shropshire. I just had to take them there and they did all the rest. I moved out to Perth so the quarantine station was in Byford. We visited twice a week in the 30 days of quarantine and my cats were well looked after and i would recommend them to anyone. :jiggy:

Thanks for that Rose. I will ring them tomorrow.

BTW its Brisbane we are off to, in August. Its getting scary now!:wideeyed:

Melanie x

No problem! I realised after I'd sent it that you were going to Brisban, got you confused with someone else!

I'm not surprised its getting scary, Nov is even longer away and somethings are scary! I'm an accountant as well, hows Terry found getting work?

Rose x

No problem! I realised after I'd sent it that you were going to Brisban, got you confused with someone else!

I'm not surprised its getting scary, Nov is even longer away and somethings are scary! I'm an accountant as well, hows Terry found getting work?

Rose x

The feedback he has had on the work front is that he will need to be on aussie soil before he will be considered for current roles. So we are just going for it. He has had a possitive response tho, the agencies dont seem to think it will take him long. we will let you know when we get there.

Melanie x

Guest The Pom Queen

Some animal exporters may not personally take them to Manchester but it is possible for them to organise all the paperwork, send you the crate and then you take them yourself.

I know Jet4pets use to be able to do this.

The feedback he has had on the work front is that he will need to be on aussie soil before he will be considered for current roles. So we are just going for it. He has had a possitive response tho, the agencies dont seem to think it will take him long. we will let you know when we get there.

Melanie x

Thats what I've been told as well so nice to know someone else has been told the same, was worried that they were just being polite! We're just going for it as well! Scary! x

VERY!!! hes already handed in his notice, so too late now!:err:

The lady he spoke to from Hays, told him to make contact with them approx. 6weeks before we get there and she will arrange interviews for when we arrive. Also we have been told that generally if the agencies agree to register you they really go above and beyond to place you. If they dont think they can help, they wont take you on. So thats good to know-no time wasting!

Good luck with it all and keep intouch, let me know how you get on.

Melanie x

VERY!!! hes already handed in his notice, so too late now!:err:

The lady he spoke to from Hays, told him to make contact with them approx. 6weeks before we get there and she will arrange interviews for when we arrive. Also we have been told that generally if the agencies agree to register you they really go above and beyond to place you. If they dont think they can help, they wont take you on. So thats good to know-no time wasting!

Good luck with it all and keep intouch, let me know how you get on.

Melanie x

My boss knows as well but no notice handed in yet! My boss has been great but more worried about my hubbys employers as they are absolute idiots!

I've spoken to hays and robert half and they both said the same, thats good that they will only register you if interested!

Goodf luck yourself and will keep in touch.

Rose x

Guest Granada

Hiya

I just wanted to mention Petsaway.

It is a family firm and Dave is just brilliant. He has dogs of his own and is a really nice, straight bloke ( something us northerners love!)

He said he could fly our 2 dogs from Manchester to Heathrow but was worried about the extra stress on them ( not to mention an 8 hr wait at Heathrow). He was also worried about the BA situation. So he is driving from London to collect them from Preston and putting them straight on the flight to Heathrow himself. He is charging me £200 extra ( £100 each dog but that is far less than paying for the flight to Heathrow and the extra transit charges there).

He has helped me with all the paperwork and not charged me a penny for it. His quotes are also cheaper than any others I got.

You can email him at petswayuk@aol.com or phone him on 01903 872248.

Tell him Jeanette sent you :biggrin:

BTW we are using jetpets to get them from Sydney to Brisbane, they collect them from quarantine and you collect them of the plane at Brisbane ...... simples :wink:

Archived