457 visa when can you be approved???

Hi guys just wanted to share bits and pieces of my 457 visa application. It's really frustrating and I even find it boring already to check online again and again. Time frame below. Anyone in the same boat with me, please share that perhaps I will be enlightened a bit.

Application 457 Business Long Stay Primary -

30/03/2010 Application received - processing commenced

30/03/2010 Application fee received

12/04/2010 Application being processed further

View your receipt details

Person 1 Date of birth:

05/04/2010 Health requirements finalised

19/04/2010 Information received

05/04/2010 Further medical results received

Person 2 Date of birth:

05/04/2010 Health requirements finalised

And it ends here as of May 31, 2010:arghh:

That sounds alright, I applied for a 457 onshore last June 09 and did not hear anything till Dec. Unfortunatly it was a reject application. I am appealing, its now June 2010 and I still have not heard when my first appeal date will be.

Australian visa ;where the bloody hell is it?

Guest Sheikh Murphy

The 457 Story so Far...............................

15 Jan 2010 – Emailed my resume to Australian company (off the cuff!)

18 Jan 2010 – Got an email from the company expressing an interest (couldn’t believe my luck!)

15 Feb 2010 – Company confirm they would like sponsor me on a 457 visa (yippeeee!)

26 Feb 2010 – Contract of employment details agreed (it’s now feeling very real!)

12 Mar 2010 – Migration Agent appointed by the company to handle my application (oh yessshh!)

17 Mar 2010 – Migration Agent requests all documents, references, personnel details etc (Happy Paddy’s Day!)

25 Mar 2010 – All references, certs, family paperwork provided to the Agent.

26 Mar 2010 – Contract of employment received, signed and scanned back within an hour!

15 April 2010 – ACRO Police checks scanned and emailed to Agent.

16 April 2010 – All medical x-rays and physical checks couriered to DIAC Sydney.

21 April 2010 – All medicals now with DIAC

23 April 2010 – My application is lodged with DIAC by the Migration Agent (Now the wait?)

16 May 2010 – Agent requests Medical insurance letter and policy details from Employer.

17 May 2010 – Employer provides medical insurance details and covering letter (very impressed with my new employer, brilliant!)

25 May 2010 – CO appointed

26 May 2010 – Nomination approved (what does that mean?)

31 May 2010 – Nothing new to report!

That sounds alright, I applied for a 457 onshore last June 09 and did not hear anything till Dec. Unfortunatly it was a reject application. I am appealing, its now June 2010 and I still have not heard when my first appeal date will be.

Australian visa ;where the bloody hell is it?

@EXENGER : Did you received the noticed that you got rejected by mail? If so, the reasons for rejection, was it indicated? Thanks for sharing such infos.

• 2 weeks later...
@EXENGER : Did you received the noticed that you got rejected by mail? If so, the reasons for rejection, was it indicated? Thanks for sharing such infos.

HI EXENGER,

So far we receive nothing. No phone call, no additional paper needed. So I dont know what we are waiting for?? And it is almost 3 months since the application was logged. So make or break???

Thanks

Wei

Guest mpogr

Well, for me everything was really very fast:

7/4 - Nomination lodged by the employer

8/4 - 457 application lodged by my agent

12/4 - Nomination approved

29/4 - 457 ready for grant

Now, as the job starting date as stated in the nomination was 1/8, DIAC said they will issue the grant on or after 2/7, that is, 28 days before that date. As we already have air reservation for Jul 4th, our agent asked DIAC to move the grant date several days forward. After receiving our reservation details, DIAC moved the grant date to 21/6. So 5 days to the end of countdown...

Archived