The process begins!!!

NATMAN

I've just returned from sunny OZ having spent loads of time sorting out Stat decs for my partner and I and finding evidence for our application etc (Prospective marriage Visa). All her forms are now complete, I just need to get the medical done and then complete my statement, find a few other bits and thats us.

Questions:

1) I don't want to go too far in the partner statement, but how much show one write???

2) In relation to evidence, again how much is enough, I have cards, all my previous flight details, boarding cards, 19 months of phone bills, photo's etc, should I just put everything in and let them use what they want?

3) In relation to my medical, I'll getting mine done in Manchester but doe's anyone know the going rate at the moment, I've been told between £220 and £300 with xrays.

4) My Visa application was going to be done last year but circumstances changed that. I still have my Police history certificate but dated July 2009. Will this still do or should I apply for a new one?

Thanks for your help in advance and I'll keep you updated...:jiggy:

Hi

Police checks are generally only valid for one Year and due to current processing times it would mean that yours would run out by the time the application was processed. I would say you definately need to renew it.

£220 sounds about right I paid £260 for mine in London. I wrote an A4 piece as a statement stating when we met, what we did together, plans for the future etc.

I would just send a selction of evidence - they can always ask for more if they need to! We submitted some bills, holiday invoices and that seems to have been enough!

Good Luck!

Archived