So many going home ?

Guest chris955

Guest guest30038
So although the level of crime is about the same in both countries it is not OK to actually let people know that countrywide you will not escape crime ? If someone says there is lots of crime in the UK it doesn't get questioned but if someone says there is equally lots of crime here it is a gross generalisation and misleading ?

Do you read selectively or only interpret to suit your ends? I've seen it stated umpteen times, that it all depends where you live what your experience of crime may be. Stated by both the "sun 'n surf gang" :rolleyes: and those who dislike Oz. I personally have made it clear that I experienced crime because of where I lived in the UK. Likewise my wife's family doesn't, because of where they live.

What do you mean by countrywide? Of course, countrywide you can escape crime :rolleyes: If you look "countrywide" and choose a no-crime area, you are escaping it, are you not? :goofy: The same for the UK, so why, yet again, turn this into a "them against us" thread"? Read what's bloody written and don't attemt to read into it, what isn't written for fecks sake!

kev

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chris955

Fair enough, I will if you will :wink:

Read what's bloody written and don't attemt to read into it, what isn't written for fecks sake!

kev

Guest guest36187

Can I respectfully suggest that we all take heed of the following:

Forum Etiquette

• Thank you goes a long way - If someone has taken the time to discuss, and share their experiences with you then please be appreciative of that and thank them accordingly. This applies especially to the migration agents who give their time on the site for free.

• We don't walk in their shoes - If someone is offering to share their experiences please do not belittle them, or make personal comments, or judgments, about their situation. It is not helpful to anyone, and only detracts from the discussion at hand.

We are all guilty of it at one time or another. Thank you x

Guest guest36187

Following discussion between 3 moderators it has been decided that this thread was to be closed. Thank you to the OP for starting it and to all contributors.

Archived