Thomas Embling Hospital, Melbourne

Joan01

Guest scottish shell
Hi there, I know it's so exciting. We are using O Grady Payton agency and they said to my partner that the hospital will reimburse these. https://forensicare.mhr.com.au/Upload%5CPDs%5C2424-OverseasNurseBenefits.doc

When exactly are you going?

We are actually just awaiting my medical to be confirmed on the visa ,thEn thats evrything complete. We were supposed to be there in August last year but had some AHPRA problems as my application was logdged during the emalgumation xxjoyxx

We plan to be over there by the 3rd March, yep 2 weeks xxx

can i ask: What type of visa are you going on 457 or 176? When you planning on going?, did your hudband have to do IELTS? x:jiggy:

We are actually just awaiting my medical to be confirmed on the visa ,thEn thats evrything complete. We were supposed to be there in August last year but had some AHPRA problems as my application was logdged during the emalgumation xxjoyxx

We plan to be over there by the 3rd March, yep 2 weeks xxx

can i ask: What type of visa are you going on 457 or 176? When you planning on going?, did your hudband have to do IELTS? x:jiggy:

Hi, we are going on 457 visa and apply for permanent residency later. Wow, you are going soooo soon!!! We only fully decided on going last August. By November my hubby had his IELTS done. We first heard somewhere that he won't need IELTS if he studied in the UK, but the agency told us, he still needs it. There was a bit of confusion about this. We just heard some news this morning that the nursing registration suffers huge backlog due to the floods in Queensland and that they will be dealing with the ones for Queensland first. Well, I don't really mind, I was actually hoping on going around September time, but my hubby would just wanna go tommorrow if possible :twitcy:. I think it would be nicer to go when it's a bit warmer over there.

Are you shipping any staff with you? We are gonna sell our furniture and rent our flat out. In negative equity so no other choice there.

Guest scottish shell
Hi, we are going on 457 visa and apply for permanent residency later. Wow, you are going soooo soon!!! We only fully decided on going last August. By November my hubby had his IELTS done. We first heard somewhere that he won't need IELTS if he studied in the UK, but the agency told us, he still needs it. There was a bit of confusion about this. We just heard some news this morning that the nursing registration suffers huge backlog due to the floods in Queensland and that they will be dealing with the ones for Queensland first. Well, I don't really mind, I was actually hoping on going around September time, but my hubby would just wanna go tommorrow if possible :twitcy:. I think it would be nicer to go when it's a bit warmer over there.

Are you shipping any staff with you? We are gonna sell our furniture and rent our flat out. In negative equity so no other choice there.

We are only shipping the basics , important pics, some kitchen silverware but not much, 7 boxes in total. Sold all of our stuff also . Indeed it will be very soon,fingers crossed with the visa, apparently it usually takes 2/3 weeks after the meds are done...so here goes xxxx Ill keep you posted. If you need any help with the reg or AHPRA let me know. Im not an expert but have got a pretty good grasp on what they want xx:jiggy:

Thank you. The agency actually sent it off beginning of January so we are just waiting now. Already signed contract with Thomas Embling. How long did your APHRA registration take you in all? I heard the visa take really quick, so you'll be there in no time...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest scottish shell
Thank you. The agency actually sent it off beginning of January so we are just waiting now. Already signed contract with Thomas Embling. How long did your APHRA registration take you in all? I heard the visa take really quick, so you'll be there in no time...

Hi Terry, sorry i havent been in touch....hectic times, thats our visa granted this morning so we are booking flights as I type.....:wideeyed:

SCARY XXXXX

My whole AHPRA journey has been 11 months....of hell xxx But hey thats it overxx

That's excellent news!!! How exciting, and scary, I know what you mean. We got mail from agency and they told us, that it will most likely be in September for us. But am quite happy about that, we can do everything slowly and properly. Please keep in touch. I hope everything works out for you and you enjoy your new life. Am actually shaking for you lol lol!!!!

• 3 months later...

Hurraaayyyyy, APHRA gone through, after 5 months wait. Having Medicals done next week and hopefully travelling in September. Am, getting really nervous now. Have to rent out our flat, but have to decorate it first, sooo many things to do now!!!:jiggy:

Guest scottish shell

Thats brilliant news, oh the amazing journey begins . I swear it was the best decision we have ever made in our life. Dont get me wrong, its been hard to start with, but we are getting there,and I wouldnt take back a minute of it. Every Feck Up n delay just makes it even more fun when you start settling. Im so excited for you xxxx keep me posted xxxx

Medicals done, partner's BP is high so has to go for more check ups. he's not very happy, but at least we will know if something is wrong with him. So bit of a delay there.

Great to hear from you Scottish shell, how is everything going over there? How is work, life, and generally how was the beginnings? We are getting so excited now, because it's getting sooo close!!!!:jiggy:

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I am a UK trained RMN, hoping to move to Melbouren soon. I have been offerred an interview at Thomas Embling Hospital in the coming week. Would like to know what the expections are for the interview, how is it like working at the hospitals?. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

• 5 weeks later...

hi

I have also been offered a job at the thomas embling hospital, i just need to know the reasons why the AHPRA registration gets delayed. \i have submitted my application and I made sure I sent it with everything that needs to go from acpo police check etc etc. with the medicals for a 457 visa i understand a simple thing as a bit of high blood pressure can delay things, is this true??

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I am a UK trained RMN, hoping to move to Melbouren soon. I have been offerred an interview at Thomas Embling Hospital in the coming week. Would like to know what the expections are for the interview, how is it like working at the hospitals?. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Hi

How did the interview go if you dont mind me asking?

Archived