Skills Assesment while in limbo?

munchkinpie

Hey Guys havent been on much past few months as it was just getting too much not knowing for sure what was going on etc so we took the decision to hang on till all the new announcements were made (and maybe we were wrong I dont know?? :unsure: ) Anyway since the new announcement on Mon we have decided just to fire on and see where we can get to and try our luck.

Wondered if anyone could help me with a small query I have as we are trying to get as much possible done before employing an agent to keep costs down etc.

My other half has almost completed the vetassess application but at the very beginning he is given the option to tick either assessment for GSM or assessment for ENS. We have managed to pinpoint his job title to come under Graphic Designer which is under ENSOL but not SOL. However, im now wondering if Ive maybe missed anything which says ENSOL will be getting rejigged or is staying as it is? Also we dont have any employer sponsorship at this exact time although we are still chasing a few channels of possibility of companies interested in him. Also waiting for states to publish their lists obviously hoping and praying Graphic designer is on any of them.

So I guess my question is which option should I tick on Vetassess application or are we jumping the gun and should wait until either we have Employer nomination or see what states say? Hoping we could just get skills assessment done and have it ready and waiting for all eventualities.

Sorry Ive rambled but would love your help

L

xxx

Hey Guys havent been on much past few months as it was just getting too much not knowing for sure what was going on etc so we took the decision to hang on till all the new announcements were made (and maybe we were wrong I dont know?? :unsure: ) Anyway since the new announcement on Mon we have decided just to fire on and see where we can get to and try our luck.

Wondered if anyone could help me with a small query I have as we are trying to get as much possible done before employing an agent to keep costs down etc.

My other half has almost completed the vetassess application but at the very beginning he is given the option to tick either assessment for GSM or assessment for ENS. We have managed to pinpoint his job title to come under Graphic Designer which is under ENSOL but not SOL. However, im now wondering if Ive maybe missed anything which says ENSOL will be getting rejigged or is staying as it is? Also we dont have any employer sponsorship at this exact time although we are still chasing a few channels of possibility of companies interested in him. Also waiting for states to publish their lists obviously hoping and praying Graphic designer is on any of them.

So I guess my question is which option should I tick on Vetassess application or are we jumping the gun and should wait until either we have Employer nomination or see what states say? Hoping we could just get skills assessment done and have it ready and waiting for all eventualities.

Sorry Ive rambled but would love your help

L

xxx

This is a confusing situation to be in because ENSOL have ASCO codes and other GSM / SMP visas have ANZSCO codes. Besides, we do not know what DIAC have in mind for 'our future'. It is more likely that your OH could get an Employer to sponsor him but you never know what the SMP will hold. I would suggest you write to Vetassess and ask them if by any chance his circumstances change, you can have the same reversed.

I didn't realise skills assessments would be different for GSM vs Employer sponsored, so my first thought is it shouldn't matter. However as you have to tick one and as the occupation is not on the SOL, you won't be able to apply for GSM so employer sponsored would have to be the box to tick.

(I haven't consulted the SOL or ENSOL by the way, just assuming you have done that already).

I guess sending it off before you have an employer sponsor might be jumping the gun and if it proves impossible to find a sponsor then it is money wasted. However on the other hand, by having the skills assessment ready and available, it might make it wasier to persuade an employer to go straight to ENS sponsorship as you won't have to wait for that step.

If you feel you have some leads and are willing to gamble the price of an assessment, then go for it.

Thanks Ozzieland and Pumpkin

Guess I was hoping there was a way of just having the assessment done so it was ready and waiting for whatever we needed it for in the future. Finding it hard to figure out what why the assessment should be different for those being sponsored and those under GSM but hey so much is confusing me with all of this I guess I shouldnt expect anything else.

No harm in email Vetassess and asking them if app is made under one if it can be transfered to the other within its 2year validity.

Archived