ok so will us 176 non ss non csl ever get there

mchugh1980

Guest Mel D.
Nothing to say...am just over it!

I don't think we will ever get a visa in this category and what really annoys me is that there is no discretion. I am in Oz, both myself and OH have full time jobs but for one reason or another can't get employer sponsored or state sponsorship...yet the Minister is quite happy to cap and cease my application and send me, OH and 2 kids home in 28 days!!

Nice eh! Where's the fair go in that!

Are you actually being told to leave your jobs and Australia in 28 days? After sending in a letter of protest against the capping I had a letter in return from the Immigration Minister's aide a few weeks ago saying that capping Cat 6 was not necessarily going to happen and that I would likely get the visa 3 years afterlodgement as per DIACs charter which for me would be May 2011. As an election is due I think it unlikely that this will Bill will become law before the election. There isn't time. Hang on in there. X

Nothing to say...am just over it!

I don't think we will ever get a visa in this category and what really annoys me is that there is no discretion. I am in Oz, both myself and OH have full time jobs but for one reason or another can't get employer sponsored or state sponsorship...yet the Minister is quite happy to cap and cease my application and send me, OH and 2 kids home in 28 days!!

Nice eh! Where's the fair go in that!

Well if your already there, just hold on.. .at least you have jobs, and are enjoying the Aussie life. Not much consolation I know, but youre in a better situation than others.

Guest proud2beaussie
As an election is due I think it unlikely that this will Bill will become law before the election.

The bill is in limbo effectively,the parliament has been dissolved,no bill can be passed (apart from an emergency bill if war was declared or similar),the bill has been sent to a senate inquiry which was due to report on August 11 but that now cannot happen until the new parliament because the senate must be sitting to examine the inquiry report.

Cheers

nigel

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi everyone

Well just thought i'd have a rant and see if anyone else is feeling the same as us!

Me and Hubby applied for 176 fam sponsored in Dec 2008, non state sponsored and non csl my skill is Business Info professional - computer support engineer (NEC)

We are getting a bit twitchy now as with DIAC ceasing to accept 176 visa's and the recent cap and cease protocol and my skill not been on any lists now were thinking we'll never get there!!!!. Is anyone else feeling that they will just carry that on and in 2010/2011 they will decide to 'cap and cease' all applicants from 2008?

If it wasn't bad enough that we might have to wait till 2012 were now worried that it might not happen at all, might just be us over reacting but it seems to us that the dream will stay just that, a dream

Let us know if your feling the same, maybe we can all winge together!!!!

Thanks

Claire

Hi Claire

What does the Aussie jobs market look like in your OH's occupation? I've no idea about commercial IT systems, so apart from only having a vague glimmer of imagination (not real understanding) about what your OH actually does when he is at work. How big is the demand for his skills?

How big is the demand in the area that you are thinking of moving to? If the demand is not great, why do you want to move to that particular area and what would your OH do for a job if he gets to wherever it is?

The Minister is determined to throttle the idea of people moving to an area that has no need for their particular occupation. He has no time for the idea that a new migrant might prove to be a brilliant Garbologist ** because Garbology is not a skill that Australia needs. The Minister moved to Oz with his family, oddly enough, but he sees no reason why anybody else should want to be close to their family members.

** Garbology: working on a dustcart, according to the ASCO Code. I was browsing through the Index to ASCO one day. The Index is alphabetical and I came across Garbologist. I was intrigued. It wouldn't surprise me if there is now an 'ology devoted to analysing the rubbish that people throw out, both at home and at work. So I wondered whether one could become a Professor of Garbology nowadays. I was most disappointed to discover that a Garbologist is merely a posh description of the bloke (or sheila) who rides on a dustcart. (That's similar to the UK nonsense. A Ratcatcher is a Rodent Control Executive these days, I gather.)

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Gary

Sorry, I know I'm being a pain, (and once again excuse the ignorance), but does that mean I am CAT 4 as I am a teacher which is on CSL, eventhough I am not SS? Sorry for all the questions!!!

Hi there

Please study Schedule 3 of the new SOL:

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/legislation/LegislativeInstrument1.nsf/0/DA1BE00DC2F66895CA25774A0013D89E/$file/10026LI.pdf

What sort of Teacher are you, and are you in Schedule 3? If you are then you are also in the new priority processing Cat 3.

Cheers

Gill

I am also under 176 family sponsor, application lodged on May 2008. Feeling the same as you do which don't will we ever get there and worried that DIAC will cap and cease. Btw, on 7 Jul my status changed to "further processing", status on the document checklist is "required" so assuming no case officer is looking at my file.

Archived