House not selling - what to do?

mrsindecision

HI all,

Our house has been on the market for nearly 2 months and not a bite.

First few weeks a flurry of activity now nothing. It would seem the market in the Sunshine Coast is flat as the house itself is lovely and we're certain our pricing is right. Just in that $600k - $700k price range which seems to be sticking.

We have to go back in June as husband has to start job and we need to sort school out for daughter before the end of Uk term.

In such a dilemma - as were told its hard to rent out property and sell it at the same time.

As our son is staying here for another 5 months we have thought we will just leave him in the house and keep it on the market. And just rent a furnished place in UK for 6 months. We have overpaid the mortgage so have about 6 months paid up in advance.

I know we just feel crap about going without all our stuff and most improtantly our money.

Anyone done the same - any loopholes to look out for when selling a house when you are not in the country.

Alternatively anyone wanna buy a house????

Hi,

I really feel for you we have been trying to sell our house for the past 7months!!!!!! We are also on the Sunshine coast and dying to get home. Like you we have had a good few viewings but still no offer!! After switching agents we are now putting the property to auction at the end of the month. With little interest in our open homes I am beginning to think it will never sell. As for renting it out it would have to be last resort for us but difficult if your wanting to keep it on the market. We have two young girls and was also hoping to get back and sort schools out but at this rate we'll be lucky if we're home by Christmas!! Best of luck with your house selling. If you ever fancy a chat with someone in the same boat feel free to pm me.

Louise.xx

Archived