Currently Plumber/Gas fitter, any chance to change?

Guest Rick27

Guest Rick27

Hello all. As the topic says I'm currently a plumber doing ok in the UK on my own. As a family we've come to the decision to try and move to Oz to give the kids a better life than they can hope to have here.

Now after looking at all the posts on here I'm losing the rose tinted spectacles a bit about how good plumbers have it. My question is basically am I limited to plumbing for a living or can I do something different down the line? Is this frowned upon?

Id love to train for something else age permitting (28) Such as police officer, fireman etc. Give something back to the country that has given me the opportunities and all that.

Or even take up teaching Kickboxing if there is a demand for that sort of thing over there?

Thanks for any replies, Rick

Guest Clare1969

Hi Rick27,

You don't have to limit yourself to plumbing. My husband passed his TRA as a "Sheet Metal Worker 1st Class" but has not done this job for 20 years but that is the trade that he has qualifications in he has worked as a Mechanic and will look for Mechanic work once out there.

Hi Rick Clare is right

I'ver been told I don't have to do Plumbing I could buy a business in a tottaslly diffrent field if I fancied. (and I do)

Go for it mate but just applie as a plumber.

John

Hiya depending on what visa you get you dont have to do the trade it was granted for when you arrive.So if all your qualifications are in plumbing its probably best to be assesed on that trade,but depending on the visa you get you dont have to be a plumber once you get here,(hope that makes sense).After having to find a plumber,to swap our hot water boiler,im sure if you became self employed around this area you'd make a fortune !!!

Good luck

Cal x

Archived