New skills list!!!!!!!

Lucysdream

Gill,

Again you surpass yourself! You always have everybody else's agendas uppermost, when your on the forum. You have helped me no end in the last year. Nice person if you don't mind me saying.

I would shudder to think the amount of people you have helped emigrate to Oz!

Have you ran out of coffee yet?

Sean

Yes I agree with Seanbhoy where would we be without people like you THANKYOUX:yes:

Guest proud2beaussie

Hi Gill,

I'm back in Australia for the time being ,I'll give the Skills Australia offices a call in a minute and will post their response here.

Cheers

Guest Gollywobbler
Gill,

Again you surpass yourself! You always have everybody else's agendas uppermost, when your on the forum. You have helped me no end in the last year. Nice person if you don't mind me saying.

I would shudder to think the amount of people you have helped emigrate to Oz!

Have you ran out of coffee yet?

Sean

Hi Sean

The coffee would make me pee all night and keep me awake.

I got some very nice bottles of an Aussie Cabernet Sauvingnon (red) in Tesco the other day. It is total plonk but it is not paint stripper (unusually for £4.) I've had infinitely worse in France, whereas I like this Aussie stuff. McGuigan Estate in SE Oz, so it says.

The website is here:

Welcome to McGuigan Wines

A couple of glasses of that has ensured that I will go to sleep instead of fussing all night and as I am now yawning, I plan to finish my current (second) glass and then head for bed.

Hugs :hug:

Gill

Nigel,

I spoke to them this morning - they've had the odd call about this, surprise surprise, and they're able to say that their advice has been with the Minister for Immigration for long enough now for an announcement to be made.

But the point to always bear in mind in this is that skilled migrants don't vote and have zero influence on political opinion here. Given that the leader of the opposition Mr Abbott has quite disingenuously made a major announcement about population policy today - see Coalition reveals immigration policy to curb population growth - it's most likely that the Minister decided to hold it back for fear of reinforcing the xenophobic response that Mr Abbott's minders might have been hoping for.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Guest Seanbhoy

Hi Gill

I'm just finishing a G&T! No wine tonight.

When we visited Australia last year we went from Sydney to the Blue Mountains and then travelled to Hunter Valley. My wife booked it knowing I love my wine. I remember McGuigans winery being 5 mins away from Hunter Valley Resort, where we stayed! great part of the country.

The Hunter Resort - Hunter Valley, NSW Australia

You better get to sleep if you're up at 6!!

Nite

Sean

Guest Caitmelbourne

I am also in suspenders over the list, but it is 11am in Melbourne & I am at work (revising for my IELTS :daydreaming:)...is it too early for wine?

Good luck everybody

xx

Thats it

Im a beaten man for the night,

All I was hoping for was an excuse to wake the wife up in the middle of the night

and her not hit me for it.... Again :embarrassed:

DIAC,,,,,,1

Kev,,,,,,,,0

:mad:

arrr sssshucksss

NN all

sleep well:jiggy:

Kev

Guest proud2beaussie

Hi George,Gill,and everyone,

I have also spoken to them and basically got the same response as George,they say that they have passed their views on to the Minister and DIAC and that they are powerless to explain why it hasn't been released.

Let's hope something happens soon.

Cheers

Guys chill out, no SOL today. It 'll be delayed. If I am not wrong it will be 1.00 in the afternoon for OZ. Might be Lunch time....

See the latest response guys from DIAC

Update on announcement of New Skilled Occupations List

The Government is considering the report from Skills Australia containing their Skilled Occupation List. An announcement and publication of the new Skilled Occupation List for Migration purposes will be made in May.

Here is the Lik Guys

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/whats-new.htm#q

Guest proud2beaussie

Guys we are getting a lot of posts with the same link that virtual bajwa has already posted,please check before posting so that you aren't wasting your time typing something that is already posted.

Cheers

Guest Ladygray

Hehehehe Andy and Kelly hit it on the head... and delayed it is... should we have expected anything less, and the definitive 'May' leaves it so open to interpretation... 31 days in May so I can visualise thousands of people making it a ritual to 'check' DIAC everyday. I think that the powers that be get a peverse enjoyment out of knowing they are causing so many people such distress. Well the wheels may turn slowly but I know that one day they will sit in judgment... lol... the wheel always turns. Keep the faith everyone... push on, get done what needs to be done... do what ever you have to do to get those applications lodged.

well how annoying. lets just hope this delay means the date your visa has to be lodged is put back, my partner and I are gonna sort out application and this it in to agent for tuesday we are thinking. lets hope golly isn't right with her thoughs that the list list will be out and come into effect may 17th!! that will leave us no time if his job isn't on new list. :realmad:

Archived