Good Luck All

kevin jc

Hello all

For those waiting with baited breath on the new list like myself

I just wanted to say

Good Luck

Hope there is not to much dissapointment around after

And if there is i hope it dont last to long.

All The Best

Kev

:eek::err::swoon:

Guest GemandJay

OMG yeah good luck to everyone waiting for some positive news to come from the new SOL list. I just hope there is a brighter light at the end of the tunnel for the skilled workers like Carpenters and bricklayers etc rather than 'end of 2012'

Fingers, legs, arms, toes all crossed for you all x

Guest VickyMel

I was giggling earlier (after checking the time difference myself) wondering who would be the first to find out - are there any of us mad enough to get up early in the morning and sit on the DIAC web site continually clicking the refresh button until it (hopefully - there will be a lot of upset people if it doesn't) comes up.

I think I will wait until I get to work and log on to PiO and hopefully some kind person will have posted the link.

Good luck everyone. Although (purely for selfish :wink: reasons as it doesn't look likely that we are on the list) I hope there are not too many of you as I don't want the queue to get too long in front of us...

VickyMel

Guest VickyMel

Thanks George!

No point stressing about this...

Very sensible advice - and if we had not become so insane :wacko: through this whole process we might have been able to take it.

Although some of us need something to stress and worry about just to keep us sane (well saneish):wink:

... no guarantee that they'll even go through with it if the federal election is called.

WHAT...! Now you have given us something else to stress about :biglaugh:

Thanks George LOL!!

VickyMel

Guest GemandJay

:arghh:Quote:

Originally Posted by George Lombard viewpost.gif

... no guarantee that they'll even go through with it if the federal election is called.

Oh crikey what, when are they thinking about doing that, oh no more woes... please just want to see an ickle bit of a green light... please

:arghh:

Guest sasa1

Still noting on the DIAC website. I am abouot to scream!!!!!

Good luck everyone and lets hope the outcome is good for all x

Guest proud2beaussie

It is still only 8.50AM Sydney time,I would expect that it will be published after 9.00AM EST,9.00AM being the traditional time for the start of business for government departments,keep an eye on the DIAC site

It is still only 8.50AM Sydney time,I would expect that it will be published after 9.00AM EST,9.00AM being the traditional time for the start of business for government departments,keep an eye on the DIAC site

This is a nightmare>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Guest spurious

Good luck everyone.

I'll bet you whatever you like the proposed list won't be published tomorrow, though.

EDIT: Would it be on DIAC's site? It's not being implemented by them until July. I'd say check Skills Australia.

Guest proud2beaussie

Remember everyone that although the Skills Australia website says

The new SOL will be published on the

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

website at http://www.immi.gov.au by 30 April

2010. The list will take effect from mid 2010.

DIAC is NOT producing the list themselves,that is being done by Skills Australia so it may be that Skills Australia has the final say on what time DIAC releases the information.

I was giggling earlier (after checking the time difference myself) wondering who would be the first to find out - are there any of us mad enough to get up early in the morning and sit on the DIAC web site continually clicking the refresh button until it (hopefully - there will be a lot of upset people if it doesn't) comes up.

I think I will wait until I get to work and log on to PiO and hopefully some kind person will have posted the link.

Good luck everyone. Although (purely for selfish :wink: reasons as it doesn't look likely that we are on the list) I hope there are not too many of you as I don't want the queue to get too long in front of us...

VickyMel

Ahhh. I woke up at 7.05 my time so that's 9.05 AUS TIME and hurriedly log on to my laptop to check DIAC website then PIO. haven't combed my hair, washed my face and eaten my brekkie yet.

and yes, due to excitement and patient wait, i dreamed about the SMP last night... it's called VOI, i don't know why it's called VOI. it said, that the timeline of my visa under the new plan is 4months even if my occupation is not included in the list.

Ahhhh. I hope it wouldnt be a silent nightmate for me if it's not true.

Goodluck to us!

im constantly pressing F5!

Just an overall comment on the changes being announced today - if they're announced today. Given the major changes to skills assessments over the past six months (TRA, Vetassess, ACS, CPAA and ICAA would cover 80% of visa applicants) and the abolition of the MODL, anyone who is interested in skilled migration to Australia should have been trying to beat the changes by lodging under the current SOL.

The important point is that anyone with a current application in the system will not be affected when the changes take effect.

For those who can't apply before the implementation of the changes in June/July, it's quite clear that there will be no new occupations included in the new SOL and that most of the generalist occupations will be removed. It's unlikely that major trade occupations will be removed.

Advance notice suggests that the SOL was to be reduced by about 50%, but of course that doesn't take into account the complex business of mapping across from the old ASCO dictionary of occupations to the new ANZSCO dictionary of occupations, and this mapping is something which DIAC will now either have to embrace across all of its systems, or ignore at its peril. Most of the Department's migration systems will need to be reconfigured for this change of coding. It's a bit like the Y2K bug - they don't yet know what's worse, the cure or the disease. In the process of mapping between the ASCO and ANZSCO there will be some anomalies, no doubt, and a period of grace for people with ASCO skills assessments wanting to apply in ANZSCO codes. This should all have been announced today - still might be, but having missed the obvious release times, and given that there has been absolutely no media coverage of these changes despite the considerable public and client interest, my guess is that it's happening later, if at all.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Nigel

I read the Skills Australia website earlier.

I reckon that they have drafted the thing, given it to the Minister for Immi and run off to hide.

I was surprised that there isn't going to be a joint release/publication on the Skills Australia website and the DIAC website simultaneously.

I get the feeling that Skills Australia have taken responsibility for drafting the thing but that they are leaving the ownership of the document - and the responsibility for any fall-out from it - firmly and solely with the Minister for Immi.

What time do Ministers start pushing "Go" buttons in Oz, do you know? I reckon that the Minister is the one with his finger on the buzzer here.

Also, what was George saying about a General Election in Oz, please? Are they likely to announce that today as well?

Cheers

Gill

Jstill might be, but having missed the obvious release times, and given that there has been absolutely no media coverage of these changes despite the considerable public and client interest, my guess is that it's happening later, if at all.

If there has been any media coverage, wish our facial expressions would be shown to the public as we press F5 and fire posts in PIO!

Thanks George. That's a relief. Patiently waiting...... just hope at least they are true to their word to publish and not delay the said new list.

TIME TO EAT!

Archived