Hi new to forum

australia94

Hi, all

We are a family of 3 (going to be 4 in July) and are just starting to look at the process of applying for a visa. Ideally looking to move to Perth as I already have a great aunt and her clan of 13 Kids, grandkids and great grandkids. I am having to wait until I have worked 3 years as a teacher so that I am able to claim the 10 points along with the 25 for ielts that I need to get above the magic 120 mark.

The visa process looks like a minefield although I am going to try and complete the process myself (is this wise?) Also I didn't quite realise how long the visa process could take. Thought a year at most but after looking on here I am seeing that some are being told that they may have to wait 5 years.

I am hoping to apply for general skilled migration, unfortunately I have to wait until the end of July before I am able to apply. Going to take my Ielts soon and have my qualification assessed in the next month or so.

I am sure that I will be asking loads of questions on here over the next few months and years. Although it looks as though there are some great people on here that will be able to help and support. :jiggy:

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi and welcome to the forum, there are a few members who have done the visa application themselves so I am sure that you will be able to pick their brains.

Good luck with everything

Kate

Guest annemarie and brian

welcome to the pio you should get some realy good help on here so good luck with everything.

annemarie

Guest gratom

Welcome---there are masses of people on here who will be more than willing to help you.From talking to family relations who went I have one piece of advice--reseach,then research some more.Remember the Boy Scouts motto 'being prepared and knowledgeable is half or more of the battle'.Very best wishes.

Britchickx I know the feeling. I first wanted to move to Australia when I was 4 and my great aunt and cousin came across from Perth. I'm now 31 and have spent since 2001 going back to college, going to University, spending 2 years working as a career adviser before getting a teaching job. 3 years later I'm finally in a position and ready to look at migrating.

allanmarybella - I may well look at this route but WA my preferred destination and it looks like all other states have closed skilled sponsorship for PE Teachers at the moment. I am starting to think that with the changes to the SOL and the loss of the CSL, I will probably not have my visa processed for years. So I am looking at all possible options at the moment.

Britchickx I know the feeling. I first wanted to move to Australia when I was 4 and my great aunt and cousin came across from Perth. I'm now 31 and have spent since 2001 going back to college, going to University, spending 2 years working as a career adviser before getting a teaching job. 3 years later I'm finally in a position and ready to look at migrating.

That's great that you finally get to do it!! I finished college last july, studied media, realised it wasn't what I wanted to do. Planned to get a full time job, save up and travel Aus. Come march 2010 still no job and had a think about what I wanna do with my life. Decided that if I wanted to move to Aus (been wanting to travel and live there since I was 10) I had to have a uni degree, so decided to study nursing next year at uni, it's something I would love to do job wise as I like working and helping people. Just got a job as a care worker. So i'll be graduating in 2014 where hopefully I can go out on a WHV, come back and do nursing for a bit then start the visa process :) or if possible go out there as soon as I've graduated or stay on after the WHV. So yeh that's the life story lol - am in what were your shoes several years ago!!!! You'll have to keep us posted :D

Archived