Welsh people

Guest Dannyfaldo

Hi Lyn

Thanks for the post. I remember you saying you were moving, so no worries and understand that everything is a bit hectic at the mo.

With regards to a venue, I too am struggling, especially as I dont have children!!

I am away for most of June, so possibly be better for a sunday after that?!

Speak soon

Dan

hi dan we will sort somethin soon we hope when are you away x

do you know anywhere thats good x

carole

Guest Dannyfaldo
hi dan we will sort somethin soon we hope when are you away x

do you know anywhere thats good x

carole

Hiya

I'm quite new to the area, so dont really have an idea on where the best place to meet would be. The only thing I can think of is at Docklands, which has stuff for kids?!!! Sorry, not much help I know.

Dan

Guest Chief

Hi Dannyfaldo

I just completed my family tree and I was shocked to discover my great grandfather was Welsh ... does that count mate ?

Chief

Guest Dannyfaldo

Hi Chief

Thanks for sending a message. The Bloody Welsh are everywhere!!! hahaha.

Anyone with Welsh blood, even a drop is allowed!! Have you looked into where your great grandfather was from?

Dan

Guest Lewis clan

I think if you can play rugby to country standard you may get a place on the Welsh Squad!!!

• 3 months later...
Guest Dannyfaldo

Hey All

I am back from the Motherland (been back a while, sorry havent been intouch).

So, shall we wait a couple of months for a meet? Weather is currently like Valley weather!!!

Dan

Guest Lewis clan

Welcome back to wet Victoria!! How was the visit? Glad to be back here?

How about mid October for Welsh meet up - any suggestions of where anyone??

Guest Dannyfaldo

Hiya

Well I have been back since July, but have been up against it with work since then.

Being home was great....awesome weather would you believe, but its such a distant memory now!!

Mid Oct seems like a plan to me. Open to suggestions

Dan

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Dannyfaldo

Hiya

How Weird, I was born in Merthyr and come from Aberdare!! How come you're in Geelong? What brought you here?

I'm 32 and live the other side of the Bay!

Dan

Ha that's crazy!! I'm 25 and moved over here after I travelled/lived here for a year in 2007/2008 and fell in love with the place... and then an aussie lol. where abouts are you living? And what brought you over here? How long you been here etc?? You made loads of friends - aussie/british?! Sorry for all the Qs lol

Guest Dannyfaldo

Im living just outside Frankston in a place called Langwarrin. I moved over here last October with my oz girlfriend, who wanted to come back home. I dont blame her, its great here. I haven't made many friends yet. I think I need to start playing footy again to get into a team atmosphere and meet some people.

Whats your name?

Ah fair enough. Did you meet her in England? Ah so you live the other side of Melbourne then. Do you like it? Not made many friend myself in the 3 months I've been here. I work for a small company and the people are nice but not my age really. Got some of my boyfriends friends but want to meet others also. My name is Kim!

Guest Dannyfaldo

Yeah we met in England and worked together for a while. Live about an hour out of the City. Just changed my job and start in the city next week. Hope to move up that way next year, as we want to be nearer the city. I had the same thing with my work, however loads were married and had young families. What does your company do? My name is Dan......mind you, you probably deduced that

Ah thanks for that! Bit of a trek from Geelong though probably, especially as we're at the Melbourne Victory/Sydney football (sorry, soccer!) game the night before!!

How long have you lived here Julie? Where abouts??

Yeah I gathered your name Dan :) I work for a Valuation company/lawyers - bit of a mixture!! I do admin/PA. It's good and the people are nice, just small and not much chance to make friends. Made loads of friends daily travelling so it's just a bit different that's all! What do you do for work Dan?

Guest Dannyfaldo

Kim

Im a Civil Engineer and work in the property development field. I'm sure I'll make some friends soon, there are plenty of people out there! So, valuation company/lawyers eh? Thats a bit varied!! haha

Ha yeah just a bit! Can get a bit confusing on a busy day and sometimes I forget which phone line I'm answering for!! Lol.

So have you been back to UK at all? Miss it?? I'm just impatient and like i said with travelling, used to meeting new friends on a daily basis so just different that's all. I like some things done yesterday, lol.

Archived