Welsh people

Guest Dannyfaldo

Guest Dannyfaldo

Hi all,

I recently moved from the UK and wondering whether there are any other Welsh people around Melbourne, in particular Langwarrin near Frankston?

I'm originally from Aberdare in the Welsh Valleys and would love to meet up with other Welsh people.

If there are, let me know..

Dan

Guest Dannyfaldo

Thanks Velly

The next time I'm down Torquay, I'll wear the Welsh top!

Dont get down that way too often I'm afraid

Dan

hia guys xxx

we had a welsh meet up not long ago and there is another thread for welsh in melbourne as there are a few of us like !

carole x

i missed that welsh meeting in albert park as my mum and dad just landed that weekend and they were lagged to hell lol

Dan, i will keep an eye out.....how old r u? my missus may know you lol

Guest Dannyfaldo

I'm glad to know there are Welsh gatherings....could be messy!!! haha.

Nice one, I'll remember to wear the shirt! I'm 31, nickname of Faldo, most people in Aberdare know me by that.

Also, know a few people from Mount, such as Lee Phillips (Footballer), Matthew Dobbs. Dont know whether she would know them?!

Dan

Guest Lewis clan

Hi Dan, We are moving to Mornington in the next week and met a few Welsh guys through this site already. Apart from those who have replied check out Taffnsteff, Taffyinoz, Huwjames, Phillipa, some others too. So when shall we do the next meet up then guys??

Lyn and Neil

Guest Dannyfaldo

Lyn, Neil and Velly,

I'm up for a gathering! It would be great! The only dates I wont be able to do is 3rd - 20th June, as I am actually going back to the motherland to celebrate my Mum's 60th B'day! Other than that......any date!

Dan

Guest Lewis clan

Ok, sometime in May OK with all?? Venue?? Needs to be child friendly as some of us have kids (Eh Carol!!!) Might be a bit of a trek from Torquay unless you come over on the boat Velly

Guest Dannyfaldo

Yeah, I think the City would be a good place to meet.

I agree with you Velly, defo to be good to meet up with other Welshies!!

Guest taffyinoz

hi dannyfaldo where in langwarrin are you living? i'm living in cranbourne, originally from cross hands

Guest morgstooz

hi, we missed the last meet , will try harder to get to the next one, look forward to catching up with you all, steve.

Guest Dannyfaldo

Hi taffyinoz.

We live not far from Northgateway and safeway! Where in Cranbourne are you?

Guest taffyinoz

i'm in the hunt club off narre warren/cranbourne rd do you get down the langy much?

Guest Dannyfaldo

I'm not that familiar with Cranbourne. I go down the Langy occasionally, once in a while really. How about you, do you venture up there?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nimble68

Hello, ok I'm not welsh, but my hubby is .....so am I allowed on this post?? :wink:

Anyway he is from Merthyr Tydfil which is just up the road from Mountain Ash and he also has family there too - his sister is also here and we all live in Bentleigh which I have no idea if it's near or far from any of you guys.

We would be interested if there is a meet up especially with kids as we have a little one.

Guest Dannyfaldo

Hi nimble68.

Of course you are allowed on this post!!! I was actually born in Merthyr (Prince Charles hospital) and come from just over the mountain in Aberdare.

Bentleigh isnt far from me....well same train line!! Live in Langwarrin.

Have to find out whats happening with a get together.

Dan

Guest Lewis clan

Hi Danny,

Carole (Pau7evs) and myself are trying to organise something, but we have just moved house so been a bit hectic, and we are also scratching our heads as to the best venue due to the weather getting a little colder lately. Any ideas?? We thought possibly near the city as it is central for all. As for dates - how about a Sunday in June?

Lyn

Guest Dannyfaldo

Hi Lyn

Thanks for the post. I remember you saying you were moving, so no worries and understand that everything is a bit hectic at the mo.

With regards to a venue, I too am struggling, especially as I dont have children!!

I am away for most of June, so possibly be better for a sunday after that?!

Speak soon

Dan

Archived