University

Guest liaminho

Guest liaminho

I'm moving to Oz when i'm 18 next October time. To apply for universities, would i have to apply as an international student or is there another category for English-speaking foreigners?

Any information or experiences on this subject would be appreciated.

Hi Liam

Do you know what visa you are going on?

Will you be on a student visa or are you migrating on your parents visa?

I think, if you are going on a PR Visa (probably your parents) then you wont pay international fees just the normal fees that the Oz kids pay, although you wont get any help (student loan) with them until you are a citizen.

If you are going on a student visa, sorry I cant help with that, although someone should be able too soon.

Sam x

Agree with Sam, if you are going over on a permanent resident visa with your parents then you are classed as a resident, if however you are going on a student visa you are classed as an international student. They dont differentiate between students of different countries.

Good luck

Lyn

Lyn, you've been doing a lot of agreeing with me today, hehehe.

Obviously got nothing better to do than follow me around here all day, lol.4_1_219.gif

Luv ya, Sam xx

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZUxdm021YYGB

Just stalkin ya cos l am jealous of your coming trip hehe!

Luv ya too xx

Lyn

As others say, you are classed as International Student unless you have residency? Either way you pay fees (local is cheaper of course), but remember you can start in the cheaper (TA)FE sector and transfer to ubniversity later, if you need to.....lifelong learning in Oz so you can study anytime.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest pabloke99

You can be sponsored by the ADF after successfully completing the 1st year of a 3 year degree course. You must be a Oz citizen or.......a permanent resident with the intention to apply for full citizenship. 31k p.a. plus subsidised accommodation, so your dad only has to support you through the first year. Good Luck!

Archived