Anyone else unable to fly home?

Mhags

When I was on phone to Emirates yesterday and asked about my extra hotel bills they said I would have to contact insurance company. When I finally got through to insurance they said their underwriters hadn't made a decision as whether people were covered or not and that the airline should be paying our hotel.....came away feeling rather confused.

I also take medication and while not life threatening if I don't take it , am obviously on it for a reason. I have quartered my daily dose to eke tablets out.

Luckily our pets are being looked after by family & friends but I did think OMG if you had to pay for extra kennel fees.

How old are your girls? I've got three too 15, 13 and 11. We're doing pretty much the same as you, but my oh works here, so we have a house. If you fancy a coffee/meeting up??? We're pretty close to the city - Parkville.

Guest proud2beaussie
Does anyone know if we can claim for delayd/cancelled departure or anything

There are some statutory regulations imposed by the EU on airlines that fly into European airspace and those regulations mandate certain compensation amounts to passengers affected by delays.

You MAY be covered under this scheme.

Check out How to get volcano flight delay compensation | EU rules | This is Money and

Flight cancellations and delays due to volcano ash clouds

for further advice.

I repeat that you MAY be covered,I don't know about the legalities of it and some airlines are challenging the ruling that they have to compensate passengers delayed due to an act of god.

Yeah! Finally getting to go home after an extra 11 days!

We've had a great trip to Melbourne and I am very much looking forward to coming out here to live......however I'm sooooo looking forward to going home to MY house and MY kitchen and MY bed! Kids are looking forward to having their own space again, after a month of sharing a hotel room we all feel a bit stir crazy!

As the next few months pass I am sure I will have lots of questions to ask about our move!

Guest proud2beaussie

Have a good trip home Mhags,let's hope there are no more disruptions.

Glad you had a good time on your reccie and look forward to reading more posts from you in the leadup to your move.

Cheers

Archived