Question for motorbikers.

Pozz

Im trying to decide what gear to bring in the move.

I'll bring my leathers, boots, and gloves. But what about helmets?

Im sure I read that helmets worn in oz need a certain sticker on or you risk a fine. Is this correct?

Also are Draggin/kevlar jeans cheaper there?

Cheers

Guest siamsusie
Im trying to decide what gear to bring in the move.

I'll bring my leathers, boots, and gloves. But what about helmets?

Im sure I read that helmets worn in oz need a certain sticker on or you risk a fine. Is this correct?

Also are Draggin/kevlar jeans cheaper there?

Cheers

Hi Australian standard helmets are required here, and have a look at this site Bikers Gear Australia I brought my Kevlers with me, but this gives you an idea. cheers Susie

Fetch all your gear mate ,as for lids ,the aussie lids have a silver sticker but if you have a top lid ,check the number as there are compliancy numbers accepted here in oz ,i checked with a website ans i cant remember which one it was , but its just bureaucrosy , i got a shoie multitec from the states half price of what they are here and it is identical in manufacture ,you have to check the numbers to see if it is compliant , if you should see the p*** pot helmets they uses here 30 bucks and the sticker on its ludicrous

I agree with Yorkshire on that one. Bring your lid with you and just use it.

I brought a schubert over nearly 3 years ago, and after a bit of a tangle with some gravel on a right hander, I needed to claim for my bike (total loss) and my lid which was insured for $500.

I sent the insurance assesor an internet link to the Schubert website (he had never heard of them) and once he saw that they produce ra ce helmets etc, they coughed up without a problem.

Its very rare to have them check stickers as well. I have also heard that you can buy them as well at bike fairs where the Angels or coffincheaters has stalls :wink:

Draggin/Horney kevlars are just over $200 at the moment. Dont know what prices in the UK are.

If you are bringing a bike, or know what you will be buying, bringing a few spares or modifications in the container will be a good idea.

I buy 95% of my stuff from the good ol US of A. Much cheaper, or you just cant get it here.

My bikes been written off , does the insurers work like the uk ie you turn the first offer down, am uncertain what bike to get as i need a work horse for 130 klicks per day comoooting , the pleasure of biking here as lost with the commuting ,you seem to lose your appetite for fun on your horse

My bikes been written off , does the insurers work like the uk ie you turn the first offer down, am uncertain what bike to get as i need a work horse for 130 klicks per day comoooting , the pleasure of biking here as lost with the commuting ,you seem to lose your appetite for fun on your horse

It depends on what your policy reads.

Mine was insured for $18k plus recovery costs plus up to $500 for a new lid if that gets damaged as well.

They paid out every penny without a single problem. (they did forget to pay out the recovery fees but 1 phone call and it was sorted and it was over $1000 as well)

Because it was a repairable writeoff, I actually bought it back and rebuilt it.

What was your old daily steed?

How about getting a second bike for the fun/weekends

I live just 3 k's from my work so luckily dont have the problem you have. I've already got 1 road & 1 off road bike and the voices keep telling me that the new KTM 990 Adventure should be on my driveway as well :wink:

Just need to convince the finance comitee :realmad:

have a look at this site Bikers Gear Australia I brought my Kevlers with me, but this gives you an idea. cheers Susie

I always pop into bikers gear when i'm on Philip Island and they have some quite good quality, reasonably priced gear, but I think with the exchange rate the way it is at the moment, anything Pozz brings will save him money.

Thanks guys. I have 3 Shoei lids, with different visors depending on what im doing. My other gear is all top brand and fits really well so I was reluctant to part with it.

I will be on the hunt for a 2007 R1 once im settled so I may well bring some odds and sods with me.

Draggin jeans are around £100 here and I did fancy some for the next few months I hopefully have here.

Cant wait for guaranteed sunny weekends!!

Thanks guys. I have 3 Shoei lids, with different visors depending on what im doing. My other gear is all top brand and fits really well so I was reluctant to part with it.

I will be on the hunt for a 2007 R1 once im settled so I may well bring some odds and sods with me.

Draggin jeans are around £100 here and I did fancy some for the next few months I hopefully have here.

Cant wait for guaranteed sunny weekends!!

Where you headed mate , a lot of biking is a nite mare speed limits you wont get out of first gear on a r1 (100 km ) WA no twisties

Archived