thread number 2

Guest AimeeLT

Guest AimeeLT

okay so my last thread didnt work and no one really knows anything. But anyone knows anything about the schools in general it would be great to know anything other than the basic information.so if anyone wants to chat whos going to move to sydney or lives there already or even just wants to chat about the big move to australia id be grateful. Counting down the days already untill im off to oz! :wubclub:

What sort of stuff do you want to know? I can't comment on Sydney schools, but here in WA my daughter starts earlier 08.30 and finishes just after 3pm (high school). My son in Primary starts at 08.50 finishes 3.30.

There's uniform, usually mix and match, dress, skirt, pants, shirt or polo. If you know which area/school, have a look at the school website they're always helpful.

Guest AimeeLT

thankyou! well generally do they learn alot of different things to the english cirriculum or not? does your daughter like the australian highschool comparedto the english high school?

My daughter only did 3 months in English High School, she says that the core lessons seem to be the same, History is different obviously she learns about Aus and Asia rather than Britain, Science is Science (she says) and that she finds it more 'relaxed' here. My youngest is in Primary (10), he doesn't seem to get a lot of homework unlike the UK, I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but he seems to like it lol

Archived