Registered Nurse from UK

Guest triece

Guest triece

help! Just starting the migration process. Hopefully heading for Perth! Appying on skilled independent sub class 175 as a Registered General Nurse. Also have parents living in Perth (Permanent residency + citizenship) Do not want to pay agents to do this for us but finding some of the information contradictary. Do i need to sit the English language assessment even though i am a British citizen + if so, do i need to do this before i have skills assessed by ANMC? :wacko:

Guest MHowlett

Hi,

You do need to do the IELTS language test at academic level and acheive 7.0 or higher in all four catagories, reading, writing, listening and speaking.

Do not undermestimate this test, make sure you get some revision information and practice.

Best of luck!!

Guest triece

Many thanks for the advice. Filling in IELTS app to sit in June. Will get plenty of practice in... :frown:.. Hopefully not as nerve racking as my finals were many moons ago

Guest guest17301

Hi Triece,

Can your parents sponsor you for a 176? Just that some nurses find they are short of points for the 175 with the new changes. Maybe with the IELTS you have enough?

Welcome to PIO by the way!

I think you need the IELTS as part of your ANMC skills assessment but not for the visa itself. Competent English (ie holder of UK passport) is enough. If you register with the NMBWA first you may find you only need a modified as opposed to full skills assessment and therefore don't require IELTS if that makes sense. It's a minefield to be honest.

Have a look here...http://www.anmc.org.au/ and here...http://www.nmbwa.org.au/

Guest sunnyday

Hi, you now need IELTS for ANMC skills assessment (as of 1st July last year) and also to register with nursing boards (I believe this was implemented shortly after July)!!

Guest guest17301
Hi, you now need IELTS for ANMC skills assessment (as of 1st July last year) and also to register with nursing boards (I believe this was implemented shortly after July)!!

What a pain, I missed out on that ruling as did my Aunty who's just applying for her 176

Guest sunnyday
What a pain, I missed out on that ruling as did my Aunty who's just applying for her 176

I know I was furious when I found out!!! Especially when I killed myself getting skills assessment in b4 1st July I've still got to do it, prove I can speak flipping English:arghh::biglaugh:

Guest guest17301
I know I was furious when I found out!!! Especially when I killed myself getting skills assessment in b4 1st July I've still got to do it, prove I can speak flipping English:arghh::biglaugh:

It's absolutely ridiculous...red tape gone mad.

Guest sunnyday
It's absolutely ridiculous...red tape gone mad.

Indeed 4 hours of my life I'll never get back plus all the prep :cry:

Later this year there will be a central point of registration rather than registering with a particular state board. They hope to get this up and running by late July/August ... I don't know if there will be any new/additional requirements

Guest guest17301
Later this year there will be a central point of registration rather than registering with a particular state board. They hope to get this up and running by late July/August ... I don't know if there will be any new/additional requirements

Yes I had heard about that Ali, not sure how the implementation will work what with different fees/timing of registration renewals etc...great idea in principle.

Guest triece

Ok... thanks for all the advice everyone and all taken on board. Thinking now it will be best to apply on a 176 sponsored by parents living in Perth.. So.... quote me if im wrong. I sit IELTS which is mandatory. Apply to ANMC to have skills assessment then lodge the visa??? Am i right in thinking i can't lodge the visa untill i have a result from ANMC for skills assessment or will DIMIA accept visa application and then they tell me when to apply for skills assessment?? :confused: confused but its becoming clearer!!!

Guest sunnyday
IELTS result is needed before the skills assessment Fiona!:biggrin:

thats part off the skills assessment:cute:

Guest emmawaterton

Hi

I am also an English nurse applying to migrate to Oz, Yes you do need to have the English test, even if you have A levels in that subject!! It's called an IELTS and if you google it loads of college's and universities offer the exam. It costs £110 and you need the academic exam to enter onto the ANMC. It's a bind I know, I have my test nest weekend in York. Apply now because the courses soon fill up. follow this link www.ielts.org/

Good luck, you need to score a 7 in each subject, there are 4 in all and apparantly they are easy

Emma

Guest sunnyday
Hi

I am also an English nurse applying to migrate to Oz, Yes you do need to have the English test, even if you have A levels in that subject!! It's called an IELTS and if you google it loads of college's and universities offer the exam. It costs £110 and you need the academic exam to enter onto the ANMC. It's a bind I know, I have my test nest weekend in York. Apply now because the courses soon fill up. follow this link www.ielts.org/

Good luck, you need to score a 7 in each subject, there are 4 in all and apparantly they are easy

Emma

Good Luck next weekend Emma

Guest triece

Thanks Emma.. I'm in Manchester so the nearest to me is at Mcr uni with June being the next one i can sit. off today get passport pics etc and fill in application. Was begining to worry as been reading threads on here where some nurses have failed? Think i will do a bit of prepping, don't want to be wasting money to have to resit :rolleyes:

thats part off the skills assessment:cute:

Not strictly true :biggrin:. The IELTS test is needed for the skills assessment, nursing registration and for extra points for the visa. You cant submit a skills assessment till you have done ther IELTS test and got the centre to send ANMC the result direct.

So in the spirit of being finicky, I disagree.:biglaugh:

JOHN

Guest sunnyday
Not strictly true . The IELTS test is needed for the skills assessment, nursing registration and for extra points for the visa. You cant submit a skills assessment till you have done ther IELTS test and got the centre to send ANMC the result direct.

So in the spirit of being finicky, I disagree.

JOHN

Ha ha I could argue that one all day :biggrin: but I'll just say.................................Fair enough pernickity pants :wink::laugh:

Guest Mrs PuffPuff

Come on guys, you know Mr Luvpants is always right. Even when he's wrong he's still right. lol lol lol xxx

Archived