Help please 457 requirements

PARBUTTN

Can anyone clarify what is needed for a 457. We are currently awaiting for approval of a business 163 but they have been capped for the year. We have been offered a possible 457 visa which will get us out there quicker whilst our visa continues processing, but obviously we have more fees to pay. We already have ss for qld but i suppose this does not count as this was for our business visa, also can anyone confirm if there are any exams/test ie IELTS to be taken. My husband although has been a successfull business man for 20yrs has dyslexia and I don't think he will be able to pass.

Any info would be appreciated

Guest missvet

I think exams to be taken depends on profession. Have a look at these:

Temporary Business (Long Stay) - Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457)

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/_pdf/457-application-checklist.pdf

The checklist is useful as it gives the different documents that you can provide for each requirement.

Hope this helps x

I only had to submit copies of my qualifications and a cv along with marriage and birth certificates and copies of our passports and proof of medical cover. None of the documents were certified, just sent from my old employers coloured scanner and no medicals were asked for. I am presuming that if you are from UK then you do not get asked to do the IELTS. After submitting my application online I got an email from the case officer. I phoned the case office and he was really helpful and his response to my emails was really quick. The process took 6 weeks and my visa was granted on the 01st Dec 2009, I'm not sure if this has changed since mid Feb's announcement.

Archived