Shipping Company (Sydney to North East UK)

Guest mozziebite

Guest mozziebite

Hello everyone - can anyone throw the names of any shipping companies at me who they might have used recently - need to get a couple out for quotes next week, used Pickfords coming here but suspect they won't be the cheapest for going back home. What sort of price would a 20' container be?? I am guessing around $8k??

Thanks

Guest onwayhome

I would be interested to hear some recommendations also.

I got a quote from Pickfords & they were just under $10k for sole use 20' container.

They try to convince me that though they are not the cheapest we can be reassured that they can take us all the way whereas other companies have to use a different company to complete the UK leg of the shipment.

But another company is just over $2k cheaper so we could save quite a bit of money.

I would be interested to hear some recommendations also.

I got a quote from Pickfords & they were just under $10k for sole use 20' container.

They try to convince me that though they are not the cheapest we can be reassured that they can take us all the way whereas other companies have to use a different company to complete the UK leg of the shipment.

But another company is just over $2k cheaper so we could save quite a bit of money.

We used Movement International and yes they used Whites here in the Uk , we had a 40ft included car it cost 10,800 I think last aug all went fine both in Australia and here

we had some quotes up to 16,000 but in the end we went with them not just as they were the cheapest but did seem to be keen to actually help and kept in touch

Archived