Parents coming out to visit - flight advice please!

Guest nm123

Guest nm123

When is the best time to book flights from London to Sydney?

My mum and stepdad want to come out in October, could be that mum will do 2 weeks in Sydney, a week in NZ and perhaps a week in Washington in the US. Stepdad will just have 2 weeks here.

Then my dad and stepmum want to come "early 2011" so that could be Jan, Feb or March. Dad's birthday is in Jan so that might be nice.

So any tips for when to book? When are the sales? Should we wait for the sales or just book now and have longer to pay it off?

Thanks in advance!

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi

It's a shame as you have just missed our resident travel agent (Nigelinoz). He has just flown back to the UK for his wedding and won't be back for 5 weeks. I am sure Nigel would recommend booking now as the flights seem to become more expensive the longer you wait. Try getting a quote direct with Singapore Airlines.

Kate

Guest Ozpom

Hi

We are returning to the UK in July 2010 and have just booked flights from Brisbane - Manchester with Singapore Airlines @ $2660.72 each, they were the best price we could get for that time of the year.

Airlines have so many peak seasons within a year its ridiculous, take ours for example they class leaving Brisbane in July as Peak and landing destination UK in July as Peak, so they have you by the short n curlies so to speak.

We did originaly consider all the others like Royal Brunnei, Ethiad, Air Asia but when you look at their flight itenary and aircraft they leave a lot to be desired, some are up and down at different countries and on smaller aircraft making comfort questionable and making a 25hr flight into 35hrs plus.

My advice is to pick a good airline like Singapore with good aircraft for comfort and which flies reasonably direct with minimal stopping, you pay that bit more but like the old saying "You get what you pay for"

Good Luck

Tony

Guest gary12

Nigel put on details of this website www.zugu.co.uk

you can only book flights out of the UK I think but they bring up all the best prices. We have just got 3 flights arriving early December for £2400. I would be thinking about booking now. Sign up to all the airlines to get the details through of any sales they may have.

My friend came out at the end of October last year with Etihad out of LHR and paid £535 return. Etihad are a super airline, my friend just had a 2 hr stop in Abu Dhabi. Watch Emirates, they have one flight that stops in both Dubai and Singapore.

best of luck

Michelle

Guest nm123

Thanks guys... We flew with Singapore Airlines on the way out here in Feb (£580 o/w). Not sure if the parents will mind where they stop or not. Hmm..

But thanks for the tips so far.

Archived