Brisbane Airport among world's best

kernow43

Guest proud2beaussie
I cannot believe we beat LHR, Can you shed some light on this Nigel, I expect you have been to a lot of them.

Brisbane Airport among world's best | Courier Mail

I could but I won't for fear of being thought of as even more boring than usual.

But I will say this ,LHR is a nightmare at the worst of times and a dream at the best of times,and mostly those times tend to happen all on the one day.

I transitted Heathrow recently,arrived at Terminal 3,on time,luggage collection and transferred to Terminal 5 all within 45 minutes at 8.00 am on a Monday-got to Terminal 5 for a 10.00 am departure and nearly missed the connection due to baggage belt problems.

BNE is a good airport these days and I rarely have problems there,

I'm sure that survey is judging the "customer experience" rather than how much traffic goes through an airport--and I'm equally sure it's easier for a less-busy airport to do well.

Despite living here now, I've only been through Brisbane 4 or 5 times but have to say (on this very small survey) it's always been easy--efficient service and relatively short walks involved.

On the other hand, I've been through Heathrow hundreds of times but have only had a few really good trips and a lot of bad ones. When I lived in the UK and travelled a lot for work, if I could book a flight to avoid Heathrow I generally would.

Anyway, although the link is tenuous, this might be the time to post my Brisbane Airport story.

I'm enough of an aviation geek to sometimes listen in to air traffic control chatter online and, one morning a few months after arriving in Aus, I found the site for Brisbane Airport. It was mainly normal traffic, then I overhead an advisory from the Tower to an incoming flight that went something like this:

"Jetblue 476, Clear to land Runway 19. Be advised we are presently showing that you have a tail wind of 5 knots at the touchdown point but a headwind of 8 knots at the other end of the runway.....

.....which I guess means this airport sucks today."

That final comment is well outside the regulations but had the incoming pilot...and me...both laughing out loud.

Bob

Archived