Migration options for BIL and SIL

CharmedP3

Hi

I've just been having a long chat with my BIL who would like to emigrate to Oz and was wondering what his options are: He is 42 and his wife (my husbands sister) is 35 and they have a 5 yr old daughter. BIL doesn't have a particular trade and currently drives the council access bus for the old and disabled. (He was a bus driver so has all those licenses in place). SIL works as a trainer in insurance and "may" have either C&G or NVQ in administration and training (BIL wasn't sure). He has an uncle in NSW willing to sponsor them and who may also be able to get a job for BIL doing same sort of job he is doing here.

My thoughts were that they may have to go down the 457 temp route and then see what options were open to them....although I expl they obviously need to look into their PR options too... which is where I couldn't add anything as I don't know if there any routes open to them tbh..... can anyone (agents?) advise best possible route they should take.....

Thanks

Hi Rachel

No easy avenue here. 457 not possible for bus driver unless there is a labour agreement in place. SIL has potential for possible 457. If she obtained a Diploma level qualification plus 12 months post-qual experience AND her position could be classified under a 40 point VETASSESS assessed occupation, she would need State Sponsorship or sponsorship from an eligible relative resident in a regional area of Australia. So if you go and do the right thing and emigrate to Mandurah, she may have something to work towards.

Regards

Tony

Hi Rachel

No easy avenue here. 457 not possible for bus driver unless there is a labour agreement in place. SIL has potential for possible 457. If she obtained a Diploma level qualification plus 12 months post-qual experience AND her position could be classified under a 40 point VETASSESS assessed occupation, she would need State Sponsorship or sponsorship from an eligible relative resident in a regional area of Australia. So if you go and do the right thing and emigrate to Mandurah, she may have something to work towards.

Regards

Tony

Thanks Tony

I will pass this info on to BIL. Don't think she has a diploma so they may have hit a brick wall before they start I think. As for the sponsorship thing, (if they can pursue this, that is) they want to go to NSW where his uncle is.... (in Wollongong)....

BIL seemed to think it would be alot simpler (especially given that they got married in Oz lol)... but we given the ups and down of the past couple of years that we have been going through this process, I felt it probably wasn't going to be that simple!!

Archived