Meds news for Irish

TraceyandAlan

A bit of useful info for all those Irish out there.

You can only get the meds done in Dub & Cork

Just got quoted E300 each to get our meds done in Dublin, thats E600 in total for everything for us both.

However it is E150 each to get them done in Cork. That lady in Cork said the xray cost is not included and to be prepared to pay an extra E50 for that so the total will probably rise to E350 to E400.

Thats still thats a E200 saving!!!

She nearly had heart failure when we told her the Dublin price.

A bit of useful info for all those Irish out there.

You can only get the meds done in Dub & Cork

Just got quoted E300 each to get our meds done in Dublin, thats E600 in total for everything for us both.

However it is E150 each to get them done in Cork. That lady in Cork said the xray cost is not included and to be prepared to pay an extra E50 for that so the total will probably rise to E350 to E400.

Thats still thats a E200 saving!!!

She nearly had heart failure when we told her the Dublin price.

Wow !! thanks for that I think I will be travelling to Cork when we have to do our meds! There is 3 of us so it would be 900 v's 600 euro! Can you get the xray done the same day ?

not sure? but in dublin they send you to the maher hospital so give them a ring it might cost the same in dublin for x ray,go to panel of doctors on the D.I.A.C website and it will give you the number alternitively make appointment in cork an get both done on same day?

not sure? but in dublin they send you to the maher hospital so give them a ring it might cost the same in dublin for x ray,go to panel of doctors on the D.I.A.C website and it will give you the number alternitively make appointment in cork an get both done on same day?

Thanks for the heads up on that!

Suzanne

Thanks for that advice..... it has me fuming though.

Why have they decided to have medicals done only in Dublin or Cork???? That is either a 3 or 5 hour drive each way for us with 3 small children!!!! They use to have a panel of approved doctors around the country (ours only 30 mins away). How has that improved service!!!!!

Im not at that stage yet, but that rightly pisses me off. Theres more to Ireland than Dublin or Cork!!!

Cheers...... think we will be heading to Cork, and maybe have a mini break, love Cork!

Caz

Archived