Statutary Declaration-consent given by ex for taking children to Oz

trace1

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Trace

Yes you can do your own stat dec. A friend of ours actually took her ex to the solicitors and got him to witness both signatures and stamp it as it seemed more official. They had no problems at all and got their visas.

Good luck

Kate

Guest guest17301

Do stat decs have to be on official DIAC form? I only ask as my Aunty has just seen a solicitor to do stat decs to prove her de-facto relationship as they have been together for over 15 yrs but not a lot of documentary evidence (other than 2 children together!)

Guest proud2beaussie
Do stat decs have to be on official DIAC form? I only ask as my Aunty has just seen a solicitor to do stat decs to prove her de-facto relationship as they have been together for over 15 yrs but not a lot of documentary evidence (other than 2 children together!)

Hi Fiona,

It depends on where the declaration is made,here in Australia all stat decs must be made using a prescribed form that complies with the Stautory Declarations Act 1959.

There is an example at this site:

Statutory declarations

Statutory Declaration made in the UK come under the UK act which doesn't prescribe that a certain form must be used but does require that the declaration contain certain words-like the following.

I, ............................ of, ....................... do solemnly and sincerely declare that I (Put whatever you want here)

AND I make this solemn Declaration conscientously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the provisions of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835

Declared at (Here you put the address the declaration is made)

this ..................................(Here you put the date,month and year)

(Declarent's signature goes here)

Before me,

(Here the person witnessing the declaration signs their name and gives their qualification )

You fill in the bits in the centre, and sign it in front of a solicitor.

Hope this helps.

Edited to add: I think (not sure) that DIAC would accept a UK declaration on an Australian form,but I'm not positive,you would need to ask DIAC.

Guest guest17301

Thanks Nigel, she's done them now anyway so hopefully the solicitor will have followed that format. Thanks for replying.

Archived