Our new house :)

Guest chris955

Guest Guest31881

Loverly place, what would spoil it though would be the odd shaped rooms, and the fact its national trust listed building, so you could do very little with it. Looking at the map they supply on the site its about 100yds from the M5, I presume this is why its so cheap. But a loverly home non the less

Guest chris955

Yeah I wouldn't be worried about odd shaped rooms or being listed but the close proximity to the M5 would be an issue. Lovely place though.

Guest sunnyday
Yeah I wouldn't be worried about odd shaped rooms or being listed but the close proximity to the M5 would be an issue. Lovely place though.

The last house we bought we got because it ticked every box except it backed on to a dual carriage way (not even that busy tbh) and I thought I could live wth it but it absolutley drove me nuts!! Sitting in the garden on a summers day with the sun on your face just didn't hold the same attraction when every other minute you heard vroom!!!! I will never ever live near a busy road again never mind a motor way although I know people that it wouldn't bother at all, but for me I want to sit in my garden on rare days off and hear.......not a lot!!!!!!

Guest chris955

When we were looking for our house here looked at a couple that almost backed onto the main Gold Coast freeway and to be honest we didn't even get out of the car. I wouldn't even live on a main road let alone near a freeway or motorway but it seems loads of people don't care. My brother lives in NSW and has a railway line virtually in his backyard, he's a train driver and doesn't seem to care. That house I linked to would be amazing for someone not bothered by the road.

Archived