singapore airlines baggage allowance

hedgehog

we boooked flights with singapore airlines through dial a flight, and they said we were only entitled to 20 kg as the airline had changed its policy a few months ago. A quick search on poms revealed people were still getting 40 kg. So a direct call to singapore airlines ( Tel. 08448002380 ) revealed that it depends on your residency, if you have a permanent visa then you get 40kg, 30 kg if emigrating but not on permanent visa.

I am getting them to confirm our 40kg allowance via e-mail and will print off a copy to take with us, just to avoid any nasty surprises at the airport and excess baggage charges.

I too emailed Singapore Airlines direct - we had a PR visa and granted the 40kg allowance. Took the email with me - didn't need to show it at check in the guy just took one look and said "emigrating eh".

Do remember though that each case can't weigh more than 32kg or you'll have to do some unpacking at the airport. We ended up taking 6 cases for the 4 of us

Ali

Guest pippycol

Hiya we booked with my traveller on Singapore airlines and when our tickets came the 40kg allowance was printed on.

col and pip

Archived