Little Bit Of Help

Wezzza

Hi All,

Been looking to emigrate to Australia for some time now and with one thing and another , me and my girlfriend want to get the process goin.

I am 26 and a qualified electrician and my gf is 23. were lookin at goin out on the skilled independant - 175/1 visa.

We know quite alot already about the process but still a bit unsure on some areas like once we get the visa, we know its there for 5 years but how quick have we got to be out there before re-doing any of the criteria?

What is the average cost of this visa?

Who are the best company(s) to go with?

If anyone has got any information this would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Wez :smile:

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Wez

Welcome to PIO. I am sure there are people on here who can advise you on the visa's. In regards to the agents, why not try the ones who come highly recommended on here like Alan at Go Matilda or George Lombard.

Good luck with everything and I hope it all works out.

Kate

Guest alanmarybella

have you though of going over on a working holiday visa its cheaper and you can do a good reccie and try and find Sponsored work

hi mate

there's a lot of change in the air with regard to the immigration rules in Australia and one of the almost certain outcomes is that it is going to become more difficult to migrate on a 175 visa. A new skilled professions list is coming out in July whihch may or may not have any given profession on it. The existing rules continue until July but if you haven't started your skills assessment yet, you won't be ready in time now. Where this leaves you is in a bit of limbo, in fact it may be worth sitting on your toes until july to see how the land lies as you don't want to go too far down the process now only to find your ineligible come july.

Anyway, all being well after the change in rules, you're looking at about 4-5k GBP if you use an agent or a little over half that if you do it yourself. We're using ASA group who have been great so far and the agents listed above are a great help here on pomsinoz so would also be a good bet.

Chris

Wezza. We are in the same position as you, only we will be trying on a State Sponsor route. one thing i have been told that due to all the changes that are about to happen it would be benificial to lodge your application now as once its received, it will be assessed under the rules when it was applied under in case your trade no longer features.

Dont shout if i have it wrong, its just the advise given to me in the last couple of weeks from a migration agent. We are certainly continuing with the process, just wished we had started sooner.

Gaz, totally agree with you (in exactly the same position as you and we too are ploughing ahead to get the app in before the rule change). My point to wezza was that if he hasn't had a skills assessment done yet, he may struggle to get his application in before the change so it might be worth waiting before paying for the skills assessment which he mightn't be able to use

Hi Wez, don't go down the 175 route unless your trade or your girlfriends job is in on CSL, otherwise it a very very long wait my dear! maybe try 176 State sponsorship from the begining or going out on a work holiday and looking for sponsorshp or applying for 175 when you were there! The current waiting times for 175 non CSLs are long.

Archived